“Great Clam Chowder!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I tend to review Seafood Restaurants based on their Clam Chowder or Lobster Bisque. Well, Pappadeaux's gets two thumbs up on both! This is a very busy place but it is run very efficiciently and most of the time the waiting time is minimal. There staff is obviously highly trained and they hire only the cream of the crop. It is always a pleasant experience! You can request a seat near a window to have a fabulous view of the Sandia Mountain Peaks. (10,600 feet high)

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The first time I was here I ordered a blackened mahi mahi with the dirty rice as a side. The fish was cooked perfect and the rice had good flavor but was over salted. This time I started with fresh oysters which were about the best I've been able to get in NM. I then had a crab encrusted tilapia with a lemon caper cream sauce that was also very good. I stayed away from the dirty rice this time so I do t know if they've toned down the salt content. Overall this is a nice restaurant for seafood in the ABQ metro area.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice setting, clean facility, attentive wait staff, tasty food, reasonable prices. A bit noisy for my taste. What else can I say?

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had the cajun catfish with grits and green beans - was excellent! Sat outside on the patio and enjoyed a warm early fall evening with a great sunset. Very happy with the food, although service could have been better!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

John was our waiter and he was great. He explained the menu in detail including reviewing over the different sauces and what it meant to have food Cajun/creole style. I have eaten this type of food and love but was a bit gun shy after having a meal, (at a DIFFERENT restaurant), that was so hot it burnt my lips and made me sick the entire day. Pappaduex's was wonderful. My husband and I shared to Pappaduex seafood platter and stil have plenty for another meal or two. The crab cakes were some of the best I have ever had. If you have never been here you need to go.