“Lunch at Macaroni Grill”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #267 of 1,816 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My women's sorority met at Romano' s Macaroni Grill for lunch and our monthly meeting. The service was excellent - our server couldn't have been nicer.
Most of our group of 10 had soup and salad. I had the pomodoro soup and a garden salad.
The salad was OK, but not very big. And the soup also came in a small bowl. It was tasty but I can't help but wish they would put minestrone on the menu. The soup wasn't filling. It was more like a pasta sauce than soup. My friends said the "black board" soup was better.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We had an early dinner on a Saturday. Shelby was our server, provided excellent service, explained the wine honor system very well, and checked on us frequently. My husband had the spaghetti and I had the warm spinach and shrimp salad. Nothing was 'pushed' on us and the entire meal was great. Macaroni Grill and Shelby, keep it up - you are super!

1  Thank ssgoddess
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My friend and I were looking for a place to have a light lunch, when she suggested Macaroni Grill at Up Town, I was sceptic. We explained to the waiter that we weren't too hungry and he suggested we share the tasting menu! It was perfect. From awesome, crusty, yet warm and soft in the middle bread loaves, little bitings, separate salads, to the excellent Alfredo, every thing was really nicely done. Main course was the chicken Marsala, it was a little sweet for me, but very good never the less. I can recommend highly the Bellini... Have to go back for another.

1  Thank Peggy N
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Been going to RMG's all over the US for years and this one is as good as the rest. The staff are very attentive and even though the chain went through some changes that really could have been different or should I say not done at all, this one is doing things right. Making my own pasta dish is how I go when there, my better half usually has the penne rustica and did here also. Both dishes were spot on with how they should be. We ate in the bar like we usually do; seems to be better service at almost all of them. Great deal on house chianti so did that, bread and extras were great also... For doing Italian you really can't do better ..Highly recommend this one here in ABQ. Reading some of the other reviews, the manager seems to have his crew on track and doing a good job.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The service used to be really bad here but seems to have greatly improved. The last two times I have eaten here with friends and family, there is a tall grey haired gentleman manager who is very good. The rest of the waitstaff seem to have changed and are much better. Some seem newer to restaurant service but are NICE and polite - which is MOST important. My only complaint was that I ordered brocolini and it was served chopped up with mostly stems. That is not how brooclini is generally served. Not sure what happened there. My family thought the food wasn't as good as before but I was just happy the service improved.