“Darn good steakhouse”

Add it.
Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Went here for my birthday. Had never been before and wanted to try a new place. Steaks were great. Salad was good and the fried green beans appetizer was delicious. Decor is awesome. The waitress wasn't bad but she could have been a little more excited or just friendlier. Will definetely return soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Have been doing a bit of traveling so I have been going out. I have been to both Morton's and Ruth's Chris places and I just cannot get over the prices.

That being said, Lone Star is a fine restaurant chain with great food that is reasonably priced (and you don't have to pay extra for sides).

When you pit food against food, I would select this place over the other higher priced places. Service is hit and miss, but Albuquerque is a college town and that is what you get there.

I always recommend the sirloin steak cooked medium rare .... or no more than medium.

You can dine here 3 or 4 times for the price of the others.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

First visit to Longhorn in Albuquerque and very pleased with my filet, garlic mashed potatoes, ceaser salad and fine wine + the waitress was most attentive and friendly!! Only thing that could use improvement was the booths are very tight and can't be moved. Otherwise, thumbs up!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

It's the first place my daughter and her boyfriend took us when we visited last fall.
You can tell a filet mig is good when your daughter, who eats like a bird, finishes the WHOLE THING!
Nice salad, great bread, a definite fave when we go to ABQ.
Well recommended. Prices pretty good, also. (even though I didn't have to pay!!!)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Lone Star on the Westside to have a V-Day meal, and we were, as we were hoping there at a good time to have it fairly secluded. We had steaks, which were cooked just like we liked them, and the simple sides were good as well. Awesome and friendly service too, so we decided to come back again. We made a reservation for Friday with my wife's daughter and her hubby. All said their meals were tasty, the service was great, it was fun, and packed with other families similarly focused on eating some good food in a friendly atmosphere. We'll be back!