“Quiet, Elegant, Delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Artichoke Cafe

Artichoke Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Artichoke Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,778 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Huning Highland Historic District
Description: The Artichoke Cafe was reopened in 1989 by Pat and Terry Keene. Pat, who was formally trained in New York City, is executive chef and Terry has 30 years experience in restaurant management. Their dedication to the best in food, wine, and service has made this 120 seat restaurant one of Albuquerque's finest dining spots. Its downtown location on Route 66 in the Historic Huning Highland/EDO District, cozy modern decor and rotating art exhibits add panache and charm to its ambience. The food is a mix of French, Italian, and creative American, using only the finest ingredients.
Denver, Colorado
“Quiet, Elegant, Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Artichoke Café has been in business near downtown ABQ for a long time and it is easy to see why. It is a quiet, elegant place with good service but the real star is the food. I had the pumpkin ravioli filled with butternut squash, spinach, and ricotta cheese with a white wine sauce and the only bad thing I can say is that the serving was on the small side. Absolutely delicious! I also loved the flourless chocolate torte I ordered for dessert. I would be happy to eat here again.

Visited March 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to Artichoke Cafe for an anniversary dinner with my husband. It was a beautiful restaurant for fine dining occasions. The food was amazing- I ordered the lamb, my husband the tuna tartar. I would recommend this restaurant for any couple celebrating a special occasion in Albuquerque. However, our waitress Forrest was quite snobby and rude to us. Other than this, I loved the restaurant and I will be returning as long as I don't have the same waitress.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Baileigh B
Albuquerque New Mexico
“Limited menu choices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have eaten here often with out of town guests and have always been very satisfied. We ate her again recently and wer a party of eight. We were all disappointed to discover that the menu is more limited and the food not as good as we had remembered. We had a couple of vegetarians in the party and they had trouble finding anything besides ravioli. The carrot and beet salad is delicious. Wait staff are good and not obtrusive. We all agreed that things are not as good as they used to be and that for future out of town guests/interviews for jobs we will chose another venue.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sydney
“Classy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I ate here twice on a recent work trip. While it is pricey, the food and service are top class.
A great restaurant for a special occasion or if work is paying!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Scott H
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Ohhhhhh!!!!!! great food and drink!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Not cheap but definitely worth the expense. Ate a delightful crawfish bisque that had a lot of crawfish and great flavor but did not need the drizziled olive oil on top. The carrot and beet salad was wonderful for flavors. There is enough food in meals to split between two. The scallops with procuitto was great. i used the bread to dredge up the sauce. Wine was excellent and so was the tawny port. Parking is next door and great.

• Visited March 2013