“Good Experience”
Review of Artichoke Cafe

Artichoke Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Artichoke Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,826 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Huning Highland Historic District
Description: The Artichoke Cafe was reopened in 1989 by Pat and Terry Keene. Pat, who was formally trained in New York City, is executive chef and Terry has 30 years experience in restaurant management. Their dedication to the best in food, wine, and service has made this 120 seat restaurant one of Albuquerque's finest dining spots. Its downtown location on Route 66 in the Historic Huning Highland/EDO District, cozy modern decor and rotating art exhibits add panache and charm to its ambience. The food is a mix of French, Italian, and creative American, using only the finest ingredients.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to Artichoke Cafe for an anniversary dinner with my husband. It was a beautiful restaurant for fine dining occasions. The food was amazing- I ordered the lamb, my husband the tuna tartar. I would recommend this restaurant for any couple celebrating a special occasion in Albuquerque. However, our waitress Forrest was quite snobby and rude to us. Other than this, I loved the restaurant and I will be returning as long as I don't have the same waitress.

1  Thank BaileighB

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have eaten here often with out of town guests and have always been very satisfied. We ate her again recently and wer a party of eight. We were all disappointed to discover that the menu is more limited and the food not as good as we had remembered. We had a couple of vegetarians in the party and they had trouble finding anything besides ravioli. The carrot and beet salad is delicious. Wait staff are good and not obtrusive. We all agreed that things are not as good as they used to be and that for future out of town guests/interviews for jobs we will chose another venue.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I ate here twice on a recent work trip. While it is pricey, the food and service are top class.
A great restaurant for a special occasion or if work is paying!

1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Not cheap but definitely worth the expense. Ate a delightful crawfish bisque that had a lot of crawfish and great flavor but did not need the drizziled olive oil on top. The carrot and beet salad was wonderful for flavors. There is enough food in meals to split between two. The scallops with procuitto was great. i used the bread to dredge up the sauce. Wine was excellent and so was the tawny port. Parking is next door and great.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

First time at Artichoke. We had a great meal, excellent service and a very pleasant evening. We were given a choice on the front dining room or the quieter back dining room. I appreciated that because I like a quieter room. They had a fairly wide Restaurant Week menu, & everything I wanted was on it. The Restaurant Week items were slightly smaller than the normal portion, but plenty of food. Everything was great, and we had a wonderful time. We would return.