“Authentic Greek food, just like in Athens”
Review of Olympia Cafe

Olympia Cafe
Ranked #334 of 1,827 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I lived for a month in Athens, Greece while on a bicycle trip around the world. The Olympia Cafe is pretty much exactly like the inexpensive restaurants I ate at in Athens. Nothing fancy, just home cooked Greek specialties. The people here are very friendly, too. They close up every August to go back to Greece to visit family. The Gyros are first rate. Also the lemon custard dessert (forgot the Greek name) and baklava.

1  Thank Merrill C

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The Olympia is one of my all time favorites. From the cheesy decor to the hurried kitchen to the tasty, uncomplicated Greek fare. Order the youvetsi and spanakopita, add a small Greek salad and fluffy pita and you're done for the day! Rib-sticking comfort food at its finest.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I visited the Olympia Cafe last night with high expectations as we haven't had any Greek for for a while. We knew it was going to be different when we walked through the door. Just inside the door was a ordering counter with the menu on the wall, a la McDonalds. We were looking for some appitizers that we counl share and an entree for each of us.

To make a long story short, they didn't know why we wanted our appitizers before the entree but I got our point across. When our number was called the hummis came without pita for dipping, and the presentation was poor.

As for the entrees, the lamb was OK but the eggplant was a mess. There was very little meat. I can see how some people might like to "down and dirty" atmosphere but it was not what we desired.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I got multiple veggie dishes such as the falafel and it was very flavorful and the portion size was good as well. All very affordable too!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Rolled into ABQ. around lunch and was starving, found this place driving down Central. Good home style Greek cooking.
DO NOT PARK in back, McDonald's is the evil parking lot overlord and will have a boot put on your tire... removal: $60.
Had the chicken rice with lemon soup with a gyro, perfect.
Not for the nosebleed crowd, perfect for everyday folks who appreciate good food.
I loved it!