“Consistantly good stuff.”

Ranked #41 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: La Salita Restaurant has been serving New Mexican food to many generations of customers in Albuquerque Northeast Heights since 1965. Our family owned and operated restaurant shares the best parts of New Mexico with our customers. We want to ensure that eating at our restaurant is not simply a wonderful dining experience but a home away from home in a warm inviting atmosphere. We take pride in offering our customers fresh products every time they visit. Our recipes are prepared in house, from scratch, everyday to ensure quality, flavor and consistency. Whether it's your first or fiftieth time we want it to be the same, every time. Everyday our goal is to ensure our customers are comfortable, satisfied, and full... That's how we measure our success.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Consistantly good stuff.”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This used to be a small hole in the wall place in a strip mall next door years ago. My wife and I have been enjoying their foor for around 30 years. We are headed there tonight actually. I always say that I am going to get something different, but I go for the Big Three on the menu with green chili. That includes most of what they have to offer. I do think that they make the best chili relenos. Crispy on the outside and light and flakey on the inside. The salsa is great, a little bite and not too hot with a lot of flavor. Now they have a small selection of beer and wine. AHHHHHHHH, a cold beer with great New Mexican food. Can't beat that. Enjoy.

• Visited May 2012

• Korean first
Denver City, Texas
“Good, yummy”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was recommended this place by a local. It is yummy! I am a vegetarian and they had some vegetarian options and said they could make anything vegetarian for me. I had the chile relleno stuffed with guac. It was delicious - a very real New Mexican flavor experience. If I remember, they are not open on weekends (check their website).

• Visited March 2012
Dayton, OH
“Fantastic Food and Service”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

La Salita is a favorite of mine in Albuquerque. Whenever I'm in town I swing by for some awesome chili dishes. Great food and awesome customer service. This is a wonderful restaurant run by a very friendly family.

• Visited April 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I now like Mexican food”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have never been a fan of Mexican restaurants or their food. Give me tacos at home and I'm happy. But this place is awesome. Greatest salsa waiting on the table. Chili relenos are awesome.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great New Mexican food”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Always freshly made and plenty to eat. Great selection and a place many locals visit. Nothing fancy, just good food.

• Visited March 2012