“My daughters wedding”

University Village Hotel
Ranked #101 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“My daughters wedding”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We booked the hotel for my daughter and her future husband to get ready at with the whole wedding party. The rooms were very modern and clean. The staff was very friendly and professional. My daughter and son in law ended up staying several extra nights because the staff and hotel were so wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

A colleague and I booked this hotel for a conference we were attending while in Albuquerque, NM. The website made the hotel seem very nice, but it was quite the contrary. The hotel website states that they have a full kitchen, pool and hot tub, and continental breakfast. The first day we arrived, our reservation was not fulfilled. We had an emailed confirmation for a two bed suite, and was told that they only had a one bed room. We settled with the one bed and were told that we would be put in a two bed in two more days. After complaining, we were told the manager would contact us about any compensation - that never happened. I had to 'hunt down' the manager on our fourth day there. During our entire 7 day stay at the hotel, we never received a two bed and had to sleep on the small, hard couch. Among other things here is a list of problems we had: 1) bathroom sink and shower drain was clogged - maintenance guy left the bathroom an absolute disaster after having to dissemble and clean out both drains 2) maid service never came and then gave us attitude when we showed her the filth of the bathroom and asked for general service 3) there was no continental breakfast, a few packaged pastries and one or two apples were set out each morning upon request, again we were given attitude when asked about the breakfast 4) the pool and hot tub were not functional and closed 5) when we did not receive maid service we called and asked for sheets and towels to be delivered, when delivered, the sheets were wet and we were told they did not have any towels 6) the kitchen was not stocked with any dishes or silverware, we had to go buy them 7) when we finally called and requested maid service, the front desk asked us if we could wait for tomorrow.

Needless to say, this hotel is not what the website portrays and the service we received was absolutely horrible. I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE. The manage would only compensate us a few dollars a night after we made multiple formal complaints, which did not begin to make up for all of the dissatisfaction and poor service on the part of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Candisimo34
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My stay at this place was amazing. The amenities were straight up better than most hotels of twice or more the cost. Its centrally located and the staff treats you like family. The room (369) was comfortable and very clean. The fitness room is well equipped and doesn't smell, also the theater room is great. The house keeping staff is pretty much at your beck and call and goes the extra mile. You can count on future return stays for me. I would give it six stars if I could!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This place offers a great alternative to extended stay motels by keeping prices down if you are willing to provide own linens and housekeeping. The washers and dryers only cost $1. Downside is that cellphones and tablets cannot hook up to the free wi fi in building c.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank nadia562002
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I really enjoyed staying here. The rooms were clean and very comfortable, location was perfect, it was very affordable, and the staff was great. The fitness center is well equipped and although I didn't use it, they have a theater room for movies. Thought that was pretty cool. There’s a game room and the breakfast lounge is very comfortable. There was a slight issue with the room having hot water, but the staff took care of it as fast as they could. It really didn't affect my stay at all. Overall, I really liked this place and will stay again in the future.

Room Tip: I liked my room, but I've only stayed once and I don't have any other rooms to compare it to...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2014

After being here for three months, they just raised rent nearly $200 dollars per month(I got the military discount, other residents rates went up $340 per month) with no warning. They charged my account without getting my approval. Tried leaving early and get a refund and was denied. They have not had hot water for the last 3 weeks, but claim it's being fixed. Horrible GM-Jody, who is disrespectful and rude. The rest of the staff is amazing. I am moving out when my rent is up in 3 weeks!!!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone as they are not customer friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are noisy as the interstate is less than 1/4 mile away. Rooms near the entry...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank David R
Guymon, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We came to Alby for the NM Balloon festival, and weren't sure if we were going to stay 1 or two nights. Since we got in so late Friday night, we slept in so were unable to see the earlier portion on the balloon festival. We made the later portion and were WOWED! So INCREDIBLE! We left and were lucky to have made last minute reservations at a reasonable price.

We arrived late, and this hotel was very warm and welcoming. Like a home. A fancy home! The first room we were given was being cleaned, but that's ok. They gave us another right down the hall, and it was too cute! We had our own balcony, our own kitchenette, our own furniture...it was like a mini apartment! So clean and modern! I had trouble buying my tickets for the morning balloon session on my phone, so they let me use there personal computers ( without hovering) so nice! Will definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: This place was a great buy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple