“Tasty Vietnamese”

Pho Nguyen Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #867 of 1,852 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Delicious, fresh flavors! What a nice surprise on Menaul. Grilled shrimp with vegetables and rice noodles was so yummy. We cleaned our plates. Lovely little place and clean restrooms, too! Highly recommended!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This unappreciated restaurant serves some of the finest Vietnamese food around. Not every dish on the extensive menu is equally good but I highly recommenced the duck soup and the cubed beef. The shrimp with bacon is an excellent appetizer. What knocks off one star is the service. The waitresses tend to be very very chatty and will talk you ear off about their kids or their favorite bands if you let them :-/. The meals are also inexpensive and represent a good value. I don't often eat Vietnamese food but when I get in the mood for it, this is where I go.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a nice little restaurant I would have never found without wandering down the road and spotting it. The food was very good and the inside was nice and clean. I was surprised how nice it was just based on the strip mall it is located in. I suppose many people don't go to Albuquerque to get Vietnamese food, but I would recommend stopping here. I was very pleasantly surprised with how good my meal was. The price was also reasonable.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was doing errands in this neighborhood and took a chance on this modest little place for lunch. It was clean and the staff friendly, but the most important thing is that the food was fresh and very tasty. This may be my new stop for lunch or dinner in the uptown neighborhood.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The number 17, Spicy Prawn (Large shrimp) was Delicious! The best way to enjoy them is Viet style, which is to munch the shell with the shrimp meet. They are cooked headless but with the rest of the shell, marinated in a special house sauce that was "Wow" good. Served with plain white rice and a couple of cucumber slices, which seemed a bit skimpy, but the shrimp was worth the trip/visit. Service was nice and friendly. They use an outdated menu with a note on the cover that advises of a 10% surcharge due to higher food costs. So, the shrimp dish, was $14.46, though most main course items are under $10. I will go back, someday, to try other dishes, too, but, then again, the shrimp was so tasty I might have to do that again, first.