“superb chef and overall fantastic experience”
Review of Paco's - CLOSED

Paco's
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, International
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Griegos Rd NW
Description: We are located in the Northwest Valley at the corner of Griegos and Rio Grande Blvd. We offer a casual dining experience on our hidden patio or inside in any of our dining rooms.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We tried this restaurant in Albuquerque's North Valley right after it opened and had a very poor experience. No vegetarian options and no bread, plus small portions on the sides, the only thing a vegetarian could order. Since it is near our home and based upon reading some other reviews, we returned. Overall the food was just fantastic.

The chef is very serious about food yet the patio is a playful and relaxing setting. I had the manicotti, which was wrapped in the most delicious crispy eggplant, totally gluten and carb free. Could it have been more delicious? No way. My husband had steak and is still raving about it. I also had a lovely spinach salad with eggs nested in avocado and hubby had apple and cheddar salad in apple cider vinegar. Both were luscious. I keep craving the manicotti. The server was also perfect. I wish I could remember his name. We will be back.

This is such a lovely spot and they join Farm and Table and the restaurant at Los Poblanos in offering locally sourced food, but less expensive and fussy. This is my new favorite place. Definitely worth the drive if you live in the more populated neighborhoods. Beautiful food, nice setting.

One recommendation. Serve bread as a regular thing. The neighborhood is outdoorsy with lots of big appetites. Otherwise perfect.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Wife chose Paco's as the place to celebrate her birthday. The menu is minimal with only about 8 entrees listed. They had daily specials but of these the one I chose was not available until "later". Since we were there at dinner time, I was at a loss as to what "later" meant. Ordered the eggplant on the advice of the waiter (who was ,BTW, much better than the food) and it turned out to be an inedible mess of eggplant skin,cheese and tomato sauce. The waiter whisked it away saying he would replace it (without asking if this was what I wanted to do) and ,shortly after, the manager came over. I told her that I didn't want the dish replaced and had really lost my appetite and interest. My son's steak dish was pronounced "OK" but "too salty" and my wife ,who had the chicken, said her meal was likewise "OK". Was not happy with this place and see no reason make a return visit.

1  Thank spartan60933
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Excellent, innovative food in a pleasant, small restaurant, with knowledgeable, attentive but not overbearing staff. Handled a large crowd with aplomb. Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Only open 2weeks and yet able to deal with 17 of us descending on them at 8PM. Food was great. It's in an old house and we were able to talk easily without the high noise levels present in many restaurants. We'll definitely go back.