“The best hot dogs in Albuquerque!”

Urban Hotdog Company
Ranked #379 of 1,828 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Description: Quality ingredients and great service in a modern setting make Urban Hotdog Company the best place to get a Gourmet Hotdog or satisfy that craving for a traditional favorite. Along with great dogs and sausages, vegetarian and vegan options, hand-cut French fries and other great eats.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

If you love a truly excellent FRESH tasting hot dog, RUN...don't walk to this restaurant. Very clean and hip, sophisticated feel to the decor. The menu choices are amazing! My husband and I both had Chicago dogs. Again, the overwhelming impression is a completely fresh and taste-driven gourmet hot dog, crafted by people who truly care about their ingredients. There are so many great items on the menu, we are already planning our next visit so we can try different ones. We definitely do not agree that they are "over priced", as a previous reviewer commented? Are you kidding me? $5.00 for a gourmet hot dog? When McDonald's will cost you that for completely processed food with no actual fresh flavor? I would gladly spend $5.00 here at this restaurant any day of the week. To the owners...keep up the good work. There is a reason you guys were voted #2 best new restaurant in all of Albuquerque....you serve fantastic food at a reasonable price!

2  Thank sandiagal

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Brilliant idea, gourmet dogs with fun toppings and fabulous fries to boot! This is dining on a budget at it's finest, you gotta try the B&B bratwurst with beets, goat cheese and mint! the rosemary garlic french fries are also awesome. I can't wait to go back and try some more of their truly interesting combos! now you could go to Micky D's and spend the same amount for very basic "fuel' but if you"re lucky enough to be in ABQ why bother????

1  Thank CuyArtOne
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Being an east coast guy, I grew up with what we claimed to be the best in hot dogs....steamed street dogs, boiled, grilled, fried, you name it....hot dog pickings around the Albuquerque area has been lean for decades...there was one place on Menaul between San Mateo & Washington that filled the bill for years...then disappeared...recently a from suggested the UHDC, saying she & her son loved it...I finally tried it...got lost getting there...place was clean in front area and in the prep cooking area...they have a pretty extensive offering, ranging from plain to exotic..toppings I'd never thought of putting atop a dog before, but should have something for everyone...including a dog topped with mac & cheese (should be a hit with kids)...I opted for the familiar, a Chicago Dog and a NYC (deli mustard, kraut & raw onions)...They use Nathans all beef dogs, served on a lightly toasted poppyseed bun...The Chicago had the usual for Chicago dogs, including that very unusually green relish...The kraut was was tasteless, apparently from over washing/over soaking...all the brine & flavor was gone...overall, it was a pretty good to have a decent mid-day dog again in this area. Manager was pleasant, place was clean and dogs were good....one disappointment, as a kid we had Italian dogs (aka: the Newark dog)..grilled dogs with fried peppers, onions & potatoes...their Italian dog was more like a pizza dog...can't go wrong though...

1  Thank Frank K
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The overall taste of the food was good but it was overpriced, its just a hot dog. So good food not not a good value for your money.

3  Thank mmike1972
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am addicted to this place, I got my husband hooked, and I bring all my visiting friends and family here as well and they all talk about it long after they've gone home. I have tried a handful of things on the menu and they're all delicious, but I can't stop ordering the Crafty Dog. It is creamy and crunchy and juicy and messy and toasty and nostalgic and amazing. Also, I love that I can run errands in the franchise heavy Cottonwood area and pop into a friendly small business for a quick and mouth-watering lunch.

1  Thank Keri L