“Great Vietnamese food in ABQ”

Basil Leaf Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #122 of 1,782 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant has been open for at least 2 years in this location.
“Great Vietnamese food in ABQ”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This spot is great for a quick, healthy, and filling lunch. The menu has plenty of options, service was very friendly and quick, and the food was delicious. After one too many green chile coered burritos from La Salita next door, I needed something that wasn't a calorie bomb but would still fill me up.

I had the Hu Tieu Soup, which was full of egg noodles, fresh vegetables, and tofu. It needed a little spice, but after mixing in some of the chili sauce provided on the table, it had the perfect balance of spiciness.

I will definitely be back for lunch again to try their Banh Mi and rice dishes.

1 Thank AYachanin

Kaohsiung, Taiwan
“Good Restaurant if you know what to order !”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I am an asian and the pho I get from this restaurant is unexpectedly great and similar to what i can get in Asia ! but I think this place is trying to combine too much style of asian food..I seriously don't recommend the papaya salad it was tasteless also they use long gran rice for clay pot and its kind of too sweet and greasy.
The vietnamese crepe is about average, ask for pure fish sauce if you want it !
This could be a really good restaurant if you just stick with pho and spring rolls !

1 Thank ahifish
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

A very nice and unexpected find in Albuquerque. Reasonably priced, good food, large portions. We will definitely return the next time we are in town.

New Mexico
“Fresh and Healthy!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

A clean cafe with a warm atmosphere, the Basil Leaf serves up the best Vietnamese food in Albuquerque. Spring rolls, salads, skewers and pho all are made simply and with fresh ingredients, including sprigs of their trademark basil leaf! It's an easy lunch or dinner choice.

• Visited May 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Small Restaurant, Big Menu”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We've been here a few times and love the selections on the menu. It's in an odd location--on Eubank just south of Constitution on the west side. It's next to a Mexican restaurant that's been in Albuquerque forever.
I personally wish there were more curry dishes offered but maybe curry isn't traditionally Vietnamese?? (We frequent a Thai restaurant that has lots of curry offerings.)
The inside is neat and clean. They can accommodate larger parties. We once came with eight people and there was no problem with the food or the service. The staff is friendly and service is great.
I ordered the only curry dish on the menu--green curry, and I had it with chicken and pineapple. It was very flavorful, but I wish it had a few more ingredients (other than chicken and pineapple) to give it a little more interest. Ken had the clay pot with pork. The clay pots take a little longer to cook, but it's well worth it. The Chinese sausages give the rice such a delicious flavor. Plus the pork, broccoli, cashews and mushrooms were cooked perfectly. The portions are large enough to take half home for the next day.
For dessert we had the mango rice. We love this dessert when mango are in season. It wasn't as good as at our favorite Thai restaurant, but still delicious.
This is our go-to restaurant when we're craving something different. It's a cut above Viet Q and Viet Taste--where I go when I want quick take-out. I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank vickyzzzz