“no more driving by wondering how the food is”

Basil Leaf Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 1,768 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Description: This restaurant has been open for at least 2 years in this location.
Gallup, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“no more driving by wondering how the food is”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have been driving by this restaurant for years. This evening my daughter and I wanted something different so we stopped in to try it out. What a great surprise, very clean inside, service was good. and the food was great! I am not good at remembering what I had (as far as what it is called but) I had a #45 with tofu it has green bell peppers and onion's in a not to spicy sauce. with white rice, a win. also tried the Avocado milk shake. it was not what I thought that it would taste like, there again a pleasant surprise. This restaurant is on my go back to list.

• Visited October 2013

Libertyville, Illinois
“Great Vietnamese Food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This restaurant was close to our hotel and had received excellent reviews so we decided to give it a try. The food was great and the service fast and friendly. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a healthy meal in Albuquerque.

Visited October 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Healthy delicious food and great service!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I don't live in ABQ but did try two Vietnamese restaurants the last time I was in town visiting. This place is, by far, the best Vietnamese place I've tried - in ABQ and elsewhere. I really appreciate the fact that they have brown rice. The fresh spring rolls with tofu were some of the best I've had and the lemongrass chicken was superb. Like I said in the title of this review - great food. Oh yeah, and the prices are also great. Planning on going back and trying to pho.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Morgan F
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Vietnamese place”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I eat here almost every few weeks and each time I am amazed by the quality of food and the service. I always get the pho and the banh mi (Vietnamese sandwich). The lady that works the front is always extremely helpful.

• Visited July 2013
Lubbock
“Out of My Comfort Zone”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

On a whim I stopped at Basil Leaf to try their food. Totally NOT familiar with Vietnamese food but was very pleasantly surprised. Looking at the menu even with good descriptions I didn't know what was what but the lady was most helpful offering assistance with any questions I had. I settled on what was lemongrass chicken spiced medium...it was so so good!!! We laughed as she said the name of it three or four times for me...but I will stick with lemongrass chicken. I was there at an odd time for a meal and there were only a couple of other tables of diners. One was a birthday celebration and she took them a dessert and everyone sang. Another was a gentleman and his party who were regulars, all very friendly and welcoming. The décor was nice, the interior spacious for what it looked like outside, friendly help and great food. Very glad I stepped out of my comfort zone to have food I couldn't pronounce! Will visit again when in Albuquerque!

• Visited May 2013