“A sandwich to die for”

Marios Pizzeria and Ristorante
Ranked #480 of 1,763 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A sandwich to die for”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I lined up and ordered - pizza slices, whole pizzas, sandwiches .... I watched workers hand tossing the pizza dough - and I fumbled, couldn't decide, so I had a roast beef sandwich with a fruit cup (instead of chips etc) - and the sandwich was perfect. I swear it was the best sandwich that I've ever had. The bread was fresh, the beef piled high, and the 'works. as I requested included lettuce, tomato, a pickle, and they include a container of Greek dressing which I used sparingly. It was amazing.
I was passing through Albuquerque and this place was suggested - and I cannot wait to return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pat B

Laguna Hills, California
“A sandwich to die for .......”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Seriously, this food is fantastic. So fresh, perfect flavor. I was passing through Albuquerque and wanted a sandwich and I was suggested to go here - and I was impressed.

I saw thin crust pizza, hand tossed, with loads of fresh ingredients, with diners obviously savoring the quality.

I had a roast beef sandwich, piled high on a baguette type roll with everything that they offered to include - and it was amazing. I had a choice of fried, cole slaw, fruit cup, so I chose the fruit.

Line up and place your order at lunch - they call when it's ready, pick it up and eat. Sandwiches - ten inch - $8.95. 6 inch a dollar less. Cheap for what you get.

I will lust for this place until I return - let me say again, the freshness and quality is amazing. It is the best I've had, equal to an amazing sandwich at a New York deli 30 years ago .....

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pat B
Peralta, New Mexico
“Real Italian food!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The Fruit Di Mare' is so far my favorite. Large calzone's! Paste served al dente' as should be. Pizza is N.Y. style, had the Calabreze one which has eggplant, feta cheese, artichokes, red peppers and kalamata olives. What a great combination.
Generous servings at a reasonable price.
2 thumbs up from me!

• Visited March 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Always delicious”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have our usual meals but tried the shells Florentine and the special penne pasta with sausage. Both were enough for two meals. Only complaint was the server was over-busy with others, forgot the sausage with our shells. They were great leftovers!

Visited March 2014
Colorado
“Decent food, great location”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We dined in at this Mario's Pizzeria & Ristorante in the far northeast heights area of Albuquerque for an early dinner one weekday evening. Although we were seated promptly by the hostess, we did not receive any service at all for almost 10 minutes. The restaurant was not very busy at the time we arrived, but diners started to trickle in as the peak dinner hour approached.

Once our waiter found out we had not been served at all, he kept up with our table pretty well for the remainder of our dining experience.

We shared a greek salad and medium-sized Supreme Pizza. Food was served fresh, and though it was not stellar, it was surely adequate.

The atmosphere resembles the other Mario's restaurants in town and the location is a bonus, close to everything in northeast Albuquerque.

• Visited November 2013