“Nice property with easy freeway access”

TownePlace Suites Albuquerque North
Ranked #35 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
NM
“Nice property with easy freeway access”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here multiple times for volleyball tournaments. This property is brand new and very nice, more than I expected. We had a one bedroom which had a big living room area and full kitchen. Our room faced the freeway but noise was very minimal. Pool area is nice but outdoors and even though it was heated, it is still cold during March. Staff in restaurant area especially, are very nice and personable. Breakfast was more continental with waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pjulib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay especially for an extended stay. One bedroom suite was roomy, clean, very comfortable and quiet.

Breakfast was sufficient and coffee was available very early in the morning. Even though they don't serve dinner there are many affordable restaurants within walking distance. Great location and staff were friendly and helpful. I would return again.

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay at this Hotel for four nights. I stayed on the third floor next to the elevator but I never heard it once while I was there.

The staff are super nice! They will literally do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. One guest that was staying there i over heard them make a request for take out Cold Stone Creamery ice cream which is about 200 yards away. The staff actually went and picked up the ice cream for the guest. That is personal service!!!

I didn't particularly care for the continental breakfast. I prefer to have a full breakfast when I stay somewhere. The Residence Inn by the Airport has a better variety of Hot breakfast items but this review is not about the Residence Inn.

The room was really comfortable. It came with a full kitchen complete with a dishwasher and cooktop. The Hotel appeared fairly new and very close to numerous variety of restaurants.

The king bed was very very comfortable and the room had a small office space for work.

I would deffinately recommend this Hotel to anyone for an extended stay!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank hobbsnm
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a big fan of TownePlace Suites and we try to stay there whenever we travel if we need a hotel and the price is right.

My most recent stay was with my wife and two small kids at the newest TPS in Albuquerque, just off I-25 in the north end of town. We were on our way back to Denver when a big snowstorm prevented us from going any further north. The highway was open, but conditions were absolutely horrible in the northern parts of New Mexico and we just did not feel comfortable making the attempt to drive further.

As usual, TPS did not disappoint! Because this location is so new, everything is still in very nice and good-smelling condition. One really big thing I noticed is that this TPS is all in one building. The other ones we've stayed at had two separate buildings on the property with the parking lot in between. I really like the way they're building their new buildings; if this is indeed the new style of TPS. If you need to go to the front desk, or even go to breakfast, and your suite is in the other building, you'll need to walk outside and across the parking lot and at most locations you need to take your breakfast back to your room. You don't have to worry about that at this location since everything is in the same building.

Speaking of breakfast, this TPS had a good variety. It wasn't a hot breakfast, but it was way better than continental and especially better than other locations which might feature 1-2 varieties of cereal and wrapped up poptarts and muffins. This location featured numerous varieties of cereal, a waffle maker, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, english muffins, and fruit. They also have a really nice breakfast area, which many other TPS locations do not have and you need to take whatever breakfast they have back to your suite.

The staff was very helpful and they really enjoyed interacting with us and getting to know us. Of course, we didn't experience any major issues during our one night stay but we know they would have taken full action if something did come up.

The location is absolutely perfect. It is right next to a Red Robin, a Pappadeaux, and a Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse not to mention a Subway and a Cold Stone. You are definitely not short of places to eat that are within easy walking distance. Closest shopping is a little further away, but still not a bad drive. They do offer a 3rd party room service that is just outrageously expensive and I don't recommend using that service especially when quality, and reasonably priced, places to eat are right outside the door.

I strongly recommend this TPS (heck the entire chain) especially for families (the two-bedroom suites are perfect for a family of 4) or just anyone looking for fully furnished suites with full kitchens and a very comfortable and welcoming stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the west side of the building. The east side of the building overlooks I-25 an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mkdenver1
Norman, OKI
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The TP Suites is a new property just off I-25 with several places to eat/drink right around the hotel. The room I was in was a king bed, nice furnishings, nice bathroom, etc.

Breakfast was unexciting with a limited variety of food, some fruits and cerals. OK for a quick light, bite when rushing out the door.

The upside to the hotel are all the places across the parking lots to walk to. Chama Brewery, Nick and Jimmys, movie theater up the road,

Great place and location overall! I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing west on the back side of the hotel if possible to avoid any I35 noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paradise, California
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went to Albuquerque for a weekend away. Chose this hotel due to location as to things we wanted to do. We were really happy with the Hotel. We had a small suite and it was so nice. It was like home away from home. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Will stay there again the next time in Albuquerque. There are plenty of places to eat right around there. They do have breakfast also. Only grabbed a muffin and a banana..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a tough time finding an affordable room in Albuquerque for a roadside sleepover that could comfortably sleep 4 (rollaway and sofa beds do not count). This hotel fit the bill. It's easily accessible (I-25), surrounded by decent to good restaurants and the double queen room had room to spare in it along with a quaint kitchenette. That said, the only 2 drawbacks we could identify were the small bathroom and the stripped down offerings of their complementary breakfast. We often stay at Marriotts and this had the most limited breakfast options we've seen yet. I'm not sure if this is indicative to TownePlace or not. They don't even precook the oatmeal, they only offer instant prep packages. How sad.

Room Tip: The double queen rooms appear to be the largest.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family