“Convenient to Balloon Fiesta” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Albuquerque North

You added TownePlace Suites Albuquerque North to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Albuquerque North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5511 Office Boulevard Northeast, Albuquerque, NM NM 87109 (Formerly TownePlace Suites by Marriott Albuquerque North)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Venice, FL
“Convenient to Balloon Fiesta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

What's not to love in this new hotel? The location is very near Cliff's Park n Ride for easy access to the Balloon Fiesta, plus numerous restaurants. We used Cliff's both times, for the evening glow event and the next (last)morning event and it worked well both times. This extended stay type hotel even provided a decent breakfast and surprisingly, maid service as well. We used points, and perhaps the rate was extra low because it is so new, but it was incredible value. I would highly recommend this for the balloon fiesta accessibility. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I came to see the Balloon Festival in October. This hotel was minutes away from one of the festival's Park 'N Ride locations. Though I am not a fan of getting a room on the ground floor, or near an elevator, this hotel was very quiet for all the traffic that they had. There are multiple entrances and elevators so you don't have to worry about one central location for traffic to be corralled through. The room we stayed in was slightly smaller than I expected. It's not cramped, but cozy. 2-3 steps away from anything. There was a "full" kitchen with full fridge, sink, and stove. Due to our short stay we did not use these, but we did make use of the microwave.

As others have said this hotel only opened this past summer, so there is still a "new" feeling/smell to the hotel, but the staff have done a good job at working out most of the kinks. Some (very) minor issues: housekeeping came at 9:30 in the morning one day, so sleeping in or taking your time to get up and ready isn't an option. We had gone to the balloon launch in the morning, but were back shortly before they came to clean our room. Had to leave so it could be cleaned. On our final day, we had a later flight out, and so decided to hang in the hotel until closer to checkout. Staff knocked on our door an hour before we planned to leave, presumably to check the room, and said that he had received word that we had checked out. Since the hotel has no automatic checkout system on the television, I don't know why they would have thought we checked out since we never did. (Like I said, MINOR kinks. Neither of which would deter me from booking at this hotel again.

The hotel itself is located next or near to a wide variety of restaurants and a shopping center, not to mention movie theatre. Easy access to highways as well. Rooms are comfortable, even if I never could really get the room temperature just right. :) Basic continental breakfast, with waffle maker, friendly staff, great visit. Look forward to coming again sometime.

Room Tip: The hotel has multiple entry points, so traffic is kept at a minimum and encourages minimal concentr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Marlton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is only 90 days old ... so everything is fresh and new .... the room is comfortable with a small stove, a fridge, desk for working and a loveseat. The TV is a new plasma. The pool is outdoors ... but is heated. The fitness center has brand new equipment. The breakfast leaves a little to be desired ... continental at best ... a little more variety would be nice, but it is included in the price. The hotel sits next to a cinema complex ... and there are 8-10 restaurants within an easy walk ... from casual chains (Red Robin) to more upscale, local restaurants. It is located just off of I-25 ... but you cannot hear any highway traffic. A very nice lcoation for business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kathykoer
Smithfield, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for balloon festival. Comfortable room with very nice desk. Good breakfast but I wish it included hot eggs. Easy check in. Fitness room and outdoor pool. Why do I have to say more to get 200 characters

• Stayed October 2012
Socorro, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed only one night for a business trip and here is what I found. On arrival, I was checked in quickly but given no spiel on how this particular brand hotel works (breakfast, pool, etc). I'd never stayed at a Towneplace so I was looking forward to hearing this. I was just given my key and sent down the hall. I was given a high room next to the elevator. I thought noise would be an issue but no problem with the elevator or noise from it. I did hear people talking in another room and doors slamming which woke me up but I am a light sleeper. This would not prevent me from staying here again, though. The bed was AMAZING. I like soft beds and this was perfect for me. Being that everything is new there really were no issues with anything in the room. I did notice that their is a 12 cup coffee maker in the room and they provide 1 coffee packet. I did not know that the packet would only make maybe 2-4 cups. My coffee came out like weak tea. So, not sure what the deal is here, but I had to wait to go down to breakfast before getting a decent cup. BREAKFAST - I need decent protein in a.m. and what they had was pretty meager, but hard boiled eggs work just fine. Other than that all I saw were breads, cereals and a waffle maker.

I did not use the pool but it looked inviting. I did not see a hot tub.

What I like most about this location is that you can walk to the theater, many restaurants and sweet shops, all within a 5 minute walk. It is also central to anything in Albuquerque. I would definitely stay here again and am actually looking forward to that next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

As everyone has said the best thing about this hotel is that it's new! The bathroom is new, the bed is new, the tv is new (and quite troublesome) and the very smell of the place is of new. The minute you walk into the lobby you just feel like the place was built for YOU to stay there. Although at times the staff feels a bit unorganized, they are just opening and starting to get into the rhythm of things. Overall, the staff of the hotel is pleasant and amiable from the housekeepers, to the front desk staff, to the breakfast staff.

This hotel comes with a free continental breakfast which consists of belgian style waffles, cereals, hard boiled eggs, bagels, english muffins, yogurt, oatmeal, and orange and cranberry juice. On the breakfast aspect, there are absulutely no complaints. The breakfast staff is very attentive and graciously welcomes you every morning.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was very comfortable. Unlike sofabeds at most hotels, this one was a twin size. When we got there we were a bit surprised at this (since we were four), but we managed. If you are getting this room then plan accordingly. Only three people will fit comfortably in this room with a crib or playpen. The kitchenettes (no oven) in the one bedroom suites are well equipped and clean. If you are looking for an oven, you must reserve a two bedroom suite. The bathrooms are also very nice with granite countertops in the whole room.

There is also a laundry facility, pool, high tech buisness center, and a fully equipped gym. If you are going to be here for a long time, you will not miss many things from home :D The only reason why this hotel is "very good" is because there are still little things that the staff needs to get together in in terms of organization and communication with guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jose Z
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

The great thing about this hotel is that it is new. As such, it is in great condition. The rooms are large and have a nice little kitchen area. The furnishings are nice and new and comfortable. The plasma tvs are great. The fitness center is new and nice. The wifi is free and has better signal strength as compared to other hotels. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance.
On the downside, it is not a room service type hotel. They do not close their patio at night and rooms above can be subject to loud talkers/laughers at 2:00am, as was the case with my visit. Aptly, the free breakfast is really lacking. There was bread, apples, bananas, waffles, and cereal. No eggs or breakfast meats.

Overall this is a really nice place and I'll stay here again, but it's not a 4 or 5 star hotel

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business