“Wonderful first class hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center
Ranked #42 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Colorado
“Wonderful first class hotel”
Reviewed April 18, 2010

This was a wonderful and relaxing hotel. It was perfect -clean, everything thought of, great food, really comfortable bed, quiet, easy to get to, perfect employees. We did not want to leave and will for sure go there in the future. The best part was that the price was so reasonable it was such a delight to find this hotel.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed September 24, 2008

This hotel allows smoking in the rooms, even on the fourth floor, which, I was advised, is non-smoking. I arrived late the first night and went straight to bed, for a two night stay while on business. The second day, about 2 p.m., I returned and there was a strong odor of smoke in the hallways of the fourth floor. I complained to the front desk and they just said that people were allowed to smoke in their rooms. I went out to do a photo shoot and on my return found a very strong cigarette smoke smell. I called Hilton as I am a Diamond VIP Level member and with a call to their corporate office moved me to an adjacent Homewood Inn. The front desk staff were completely indifferent in the face of my complaint that if the doors are closed to the smoking rooms, smoke would likely find it way into my room. It did. I ultimately got a full refund for my night there by the front staff. That was fine but it has now caused me to completely question how Hilton Garden Inn's handle their "smoking policy" ... I've never run into this problem in a Hilton before.

• Disliked — smokers have more rights than non-smokers
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank photoguy66degrees
Meridianville, Alabama
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone especially if you have young kids, plan to cash traveler's checks, and/or want to get a good nights rest. We stayed at this hotel for one week and Monday through Thursday everything was fine and then things went south for the weekend. First, the hotel management will not cash traveler's checks for registered guests. This is the first major hotel I have ever stayed at that would not do this for guests. The manager and staff first told us they would cash $100 but only if we bought items from their in-hotel store. When we said fine the manager then said we could only cash a $20 traveler's check. The only reason the manager could give for this was that the hotel didn't have a $100 in cash. The Hilton doesn't have a $100 in cash -- Wow!!!! Second, on both Friday and Sunday nights the noise in the hotel at night was horrible especially on Friday night. Several young guests were drinking alcohol, running up and down the hallways, slamming doors, and screaming all night. We contaced the front desk and the noise stopped for about 30 minutes and then started again. When we tried to contact the front desk again no one picked up the phone. Needless to say, we did not enjoy our stay and we would not recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates good customer service and peace and quite.

• Liked — It was close to a Cracker Barrel
  • Disliked — Noisy and poor management and customer service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank TMan3032
El Pasoan
Reviewed February 8, 2008

I stayed at this Hilton Garden on 2/5 - 2/7 on a business trip. The hotel is nice but I wouldn't pay $119 or more a night to stay here (which is what my company paid). I strongly agree with the other reviews, this hotel has very thins walls and ceilings. Don't stay here if you are a light sleeper. You can here noise from every direction, especially people walking around. I recommend you ask to stay on the 3rd floor. Also, the parking is very limited. You either get to the hotel early to find a good parking or park at the Cracker Barrel which is next to the hotel. On a positive note the beds are awesome, very comfortable. The rooms are spacious and clean, but the bathroom may be a little small for some. Overall the hotel is clean and well maintained, nothing special but not run down.

• Liked — The comfy beds.
  • Disliked — The thin walls.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank ccastillo004
LA
Reviewed December 25, 2007

There was loud banging doors, noise, voices and banging in the halls from 11pm to 3am. Called the front desk at 11pm, 12am, 2am and 3am. They said hopefully, the noise will just go away.

The walls are very very thin. The room was clean but if you want a good night's sleep stay somewhere else.

This hotel is not at the standard of a Marriott, Hyatt or regular Hilton.

On the bright side, the staff said they would be happy to provide a $3 credit for the bad night...

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank eyore02173
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed September 22, 2007

Very nice staff here. The restaurant is a bit on the expensive side but there is a Cracker Barrel within 1 min walk from the property. The beds were very comfortable. The only gripe I have is that the walls seem to be very thin. The room next to mine had the TV on what I was watching and I could hear the entire show! One call to the front desk ended that though....stay with confidence!

• Liked — location, near I 40 and I 25
  • Disliked — thin walls
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank ClaimsMachine
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 27, 2007

We chose this hotel on our way from Dallas to Las Vegas. It not too far off I-40. Our room on the 3rd floor was relatively spacious, with free WIFI, Iron board and medium sized bathroom.

The breakfast buffet was good with own cook but our cook took too long to prepare the ordered food. Anyway service was good & helpful. Everything suitable for 3 adults and 1 night on the way.

• Liked — Check in
  • Disliked — Breakfast cook
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends