I am a Diamond Hilton Member and stay regularly at another HGI in the Albuquerque area. My stay at this HGI was disappointing to say the least.
The business center was in disarray and I was unable to print a much needed work document - after trying three different ways.
My room service order was an hour late and I was told the reason for the delay was that the meat in my entree was "still frozen."
My biggest concern, however, surrounds a maintenance issue. The sink in my room was draining slowly. I left for work during the day and returned back to my room to find the door propped open. I knocked and then entered, expecting to find housekeeping. What I found instead was a sink full of water, dirt and muck on the floor and on my personal belongings on the counter. I waited 15 minutes and when no hotel staff returned, I locked the door and went to the front desk. I inquired about what was going on in my room and why it was left open and unattended with my personal belongings inside. The response from the maintenance staff was "Well, I am in there." I responded that he was not in the room and had not been in the room for at least 15 minutes and that while I was not upset that they were doing maintenance on the room, I was deeply concerned that hotel staff felt it was ok to leave my room wide open and unattended.
I then asked for housekeeping to come clean the floors and counters. While the housekeeper (who was very kind) was cleaning, I overheard a conversation between maintenance and the front desk, arguing about who was going to tell me I had to move rooms. I was relocated to the room next door. Only housekeeping offered their assistance.
I would not stay at this HGI again. Next time I am in Albuquerque, I will return to the HGI Uptown where I routinely receive excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque/Journal Center hotel is located in the north end of Albuquerque, New Mexico and adjacent to the Albuquerque Journal Center Business District. This Albuquerque, NM hotel is north of downtown and only 15 minutes from the airport and the city of Rio Rancho, New Mexico and other things to do in Albuquerque. Available meeting facilities along with free business services make this a great place for your next meeting, reunion or getaway. Whether you're with family or on business, we want to help you start your day off right with a delicious cooked-to-order breakfast served in The Garden Grille & Bar(R). Enjoy dinner in The Garden Grille & Bar(R) or if you prefer, order room service. After a long day, enjoy an evening drink in our Lobby Lounge. We also offer complimentary WiFi internet access, and friendly, helpful service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Hotel Albuquerque
- Hilton Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hilton Garden Inn