“Good overall experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center
Ranked #41 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for just one night while visiting my daughters and grandkids. The price was very good for a one night stay and the service was excellent. The rooms were a bit small but very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable with enough pillows. The location was ideal being close to I-25 gives you quick access to all locations. Sandia Casino 2 exits north, restaurants and shopping within 5 to 10 minutes. They also had a small restaurant and bar available. The jacuzzi could have been hotter and pool was closed for cleaning small issues that i'm sure will be corrected. I would recommend this Hilton Inn to people for the overall good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hilton G, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you were satisfied. We certainly do apologize about the pool being closed during your stay. We were performing some standard maintenance during your visit. The pool is now up and running and waiting for you! We do hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Albuquerque.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

When I arrived the hotel was busy. I had a reservation and the service was great. I was in my room in about 5 minutes after I walked in the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great lobby where my family could gather. Three separate seating areas allowed lots of room for other guests. Cracker Barrel right next door and Denny's across the street. Easy freeway access. Very clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Michelle M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay AND our Lobby! I hope you will return should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hotel is just off I-25 North in Albuquerque and next to the only Cracker Barrel in the city. Also just a few miles south of the Sandia Casino and Hotel resort and 15 min from Airport. Very comfortable, secure and great staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. I am happy to hear you four our location to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a 4-story boutique type hotel on the northern stretch of I-25 with good access for Santa Fe, the casino and the Sandia Tramway. It's also a nearby location for the Balloon Festival and events in the northern part of the town. I found some downsides, though - the time on the room clock can only be changed by referring to the manual. Housekeeping pulls the plug every day to vacuum, so the time is always wrong. The four days I was there, nobody could correct the time. Also, the hotel sits just east of the freeway. Open the window and you'll hear the traffic noise. I was a little concerned about the available parking spaces because i returned late several nights and seemed to get the last spot. But there's a restaurant next door, so I guess you can park there, too. The hotel has a gazebo entry to the left of which is a small restaurant area open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also by this area you'll find a daily happy hour with free coffee and cookies. Wine is available for an additional cost. The business center has a couple of computers, printer, and fax. If you get hungry at night there's a 24-hour restaurant across the road or else a snack pantry by the front desk. My room was clean with a small fridge and microwave. The best shopping in the area is one freeway exit north and to the east. If you're in for taking a 20-minute drive through the streets, you'll find a newer lifestyle mall at Indian School and Louisiana, back toward the southern part of the city. I think business people will enjoy this hotel more than the weekend visitor. But the price seems competitive with what is offered by the nearby smaller chains and the advance purchase rate might be cheaper.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Michelle M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel, and for your very through review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location ideal.
I will be sure to share your comments with my Housekeeping Department regarding the clocks. We certainly do not want to inconvenience anyone by having the wrong time displayed!
I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Hotel staff was extremely inflexible when a co-worker reserved the wrong Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel staff would not transfer his reservation (which was paid for by HHonors points) to the right hotel. I thought they should have treated a HHonors member better than they did

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We certainly do apologize for the confusion with your co-workers reservation. We do hope you will return to our hotel should your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for business. Received an upgraded room due to my Diamond status. Resturant had great food. Only complaints was finding hairs in the shower and on towels from previous users and they did not have the fit kits for guest available. Room was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013
Michelle M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable.

We certainly do apologize regarding your linen issue. Please know that this was brought to the Housekeeping Department's attention.

Regarding the Stay Fit Kits... we do have these available at the Hotel. Our friendly Front Desk Staff is happy to provide these upon your request.

We look forward to having you as our return guest in the near future!