My family of three spent a week at this hotel for our vacation. It was great. The rooms were very clean; the beds were comfortable and the staff was pleasant and accommodating. And a nice view of the Sandia Mountains. My wife is an Honors member and I work for the government, so we checked in at the government rate. We also got the hot breakfast included, which made our total $89 per night. My wife stays at these hotels when she travels for work and swears by them for their service and attention to detail. This hotel was no exception. You have to pay for breakfast, but it is GREAT! Lot's of fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, toast, and juices on the regular menu, and made-to-order-items on the hot menu (which includes everything on the regular menu also). The hotel is very conveniently located off of I-25. I had looked at staying closer to Old Town (which was only 5 miles away), but this was much better. It has a washer/dryer (we packed for 1/2 a week with the plan to wash clothes for the rest of the week). Make sure you have plenty of quarters; if the front desk doesn't have them, you can get them at Denny's right across the street. The hotel has room service til 10. Not a full restaurant menu, but there is probably something for everyone. If you don't find anything there, you can walk to t Denny's (open all night) or the Cracker Barrel right next door (closes at 10). There is a 7 Eleven about a 1/2 mile up the road; a Walmart within 2 miles and various other retailers/restaurants one exit in either direction. There is a housing community nearby and it must be a safe area because saw several women and even some elderly people walking around at night. The pool/spa area were clean. Our only complaint with the hotel was that they have 4 smoking rooms on the 4th floor and that's were our room was located. We could smell the smoke in the hallway when someone was smoking. That only happened for two nights, but be aware. Don't let that deter you, though. If it might bother you, when you book, ask for a room on floors 1-3. It was a good stay and we hewould definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque/Journal Center hotel is located in the north end of Albuquerque, New Mexico and adjacent to the Albuquerque Journal Center Business District. This Albuquerque, NM hotel is north of downtown and only 15 minutes from the airport and the city of Rio Rancho, New Mexico and other things to do in Albuquerque. Available meeting facilities along with free business services make this a great place for your next meeting, reunion or getaway. Whether you're with family or on business, we want to help you start your day off right with a delicious cooked-to-order breakfast served in The Garden Grille & Bar(R). Enjoy dinner in The Garden Grille & Bar(R) or if you prefer, order room service. After a long day, enjoy an evening drink in our Lobby Lounge. We also offer complimentary WiFi internet access, and friendly, helpful service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Hotel Albuquerque
- Hilton Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hilton Garden Inn