Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center
Ranked #43 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I have to agree with some of the other reviews, the walls were paper thin. We had to come in late at night and it felt like we were sneaking back into the house while living with the parents.
The room was average and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very small.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 20, 2011

Typical GHI, which is not a bad thing. I chose this location to be close to a customer on the north end of Albuquerque. The neighborhood is nothing to write home about. Nice people at the desk. Room doesn't smell like smoke, but the hallway/elevator does.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This was our third stay at this hotel.
They have a very friendly staff and are very helpful in answering questions.
We will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The staff were friendly, though you had to get their attention at times.
The food, while "cooked to order," was very slow as was the service. I waited for 5 minutes for someone to arrive to scoop out the ready-to-eat/prepared food. By then I gave up and opted for the scarce offerings of yogurt and toast.
The noise from the highway was only audible when large trucks went by. Oddly enough - I was located next to the elevator and never heard it!
The room had a strong airfreshner smell and a moderate smell of smoke despite being a nonsmoking room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2010

My wife and I stay at a lot of Hilton family hotels. We like to stay at Hilton Garden Inns, that is until this one. The lady at the reception desk was very nice. We checked in, went to the room to find a very dark colored room and very old and torn carpet. We had reserved a small suite. There was mold around the air conditioner vent and mold on the wall in the suite area. It smelled moldy too. We left.

Someone has written a glowing review on this place. They must be the owner or have never stayed anywhere nice. My advice.... go somewhere else. Nasty.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

This was a wonderful and relaxing hotel. It was perfect -clean, everything thought of, great food, really comfortable bed, quiet, easy to get to, perfect employees. We did not want to leave and will for sure go there in the future. The best part was that the price was so reasonable it was such a delight to find this hotel.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2008

This hotel allows smoking in the rooms, even on the fourth floor, which, I was advised, is non-smoking. I arrived late the first night and went straight to bed, for a two night stay while on business. The second day, about 2 p.m., I returned and there was a strong odor of smoke in the hallways of the fourth floor. I complained to the front desk and they just said that people were allowed to smoke in their rooms. I went out to do a photo shoot and on my return found a very strong cigarette smoke smell. I called Hilton as I am a Diamond VIP Level member and with a call to their corporate office moved me to an adjacent Homewood Inn. The front desk staff were completely indifferent in the face of my complaint that if the doors are closed to the smoking rooms, smoke would likely find it way into my room. It did. I ultimately got a full refund for my night there by the front staff. That was fine but it has now caused me to completely question how Hilton Garden Inn's handle their "smoking policy" ... I've never run into this problem in a Hilton before.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank photoguy66degrees