Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center
$161
$137
Official Website
$59
Candlewood Suites Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$63
$75
$99
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$102
Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$77
$73
ComfortInn
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$85
$149
$123
$114
HIExpress.com
All reviewshot dinnercracker barrelsofa bedevening receptionhot itemsextended stayfull kitchengreat place to staypool and hot tubdefinitely stay here againexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripeasy accessrooms are cleanthe breakfast areafront desk staff
Reviewed July 13, 2007

First of all, the hotel is the northern most Homewood in ABQ. For all of us that stay mostly in Homewood Suites, it's nice to know there is a Target 1.75 miles north of the hotel. The Target is in a recently developed area. Second, it's probably one of the newer hotels in town( maybe 4 years old, don't hold me to that), serves a full breakfast and during the work week, one can eat free in the lobby at the manager's reception. Internet provided.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2007

We had a deluxe king suite for two adults and 2 kids. It had 1 king bed in a back room (with the window), the kitchen and bathroom were in the middle, and a sofa bed in the front room. It had two TV's, one in the front and rear rooms. It was plenty of space for the 4 of us (kids are 6 & 8).

Everything was excellent. Room was clean, breakfast was good, they even had a "light meal" available on some weeknights (though we did not partake).

Housekeeping was a little slow. They did not get to our room until after 4:00pm. They also advertised a safe on the website. There were no in-room safes. Only safety deposit with the front desk.

The only complaint I have is the bed was a little worn. You could kinda feel the springs. But it was not too bad. I prefer the new Hampton Inn beds.

There are lots of good restaurants just down I-25 and getting to downtown Albuquerque only takes 10 minutes or so.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2006

This is a very nice Homewood, but my room was atypically small. Don't book a "KING STUDY" unless you're willing to settle for very limited space. Everything was very clean and comfortable -- except the bed. Hampton has much, much better beds. The shower was great. The A/C worked OK, but not great despite the very mild temperatures during my stay.

Breakfast was awful. Cold waffles, stale bread and no fruit. I walked the short distance to Cracker Barrel after being very disappointed on the first morning.

The location is very good -- very close to the interstate, but not close enough to hear the traffic.

On my next trip to Albuquerque I'll stay elsewhere for a better bed and edible breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank Marc T
Reviewed April 23, 2006

Stayed here with my wife and 2 kids (age 6 and 4) for two nights in April 2006. We chose the one bedroom suite to have a liitle more space. I was a bit disappointed that the bedroom did not close off from the living room with a door, but it wasnt that big a deal. The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and clean.

Tthe hotel was well maintained. Leather sofas in the lounge area by the front desk were inviting. Nice but small indoor pool and hot tub area. Desk staff very pleasant and accomodating.

The negatives: The breakfast buffet was adequate, but the hot items were tasteless. The clmate control in the room was pretty bad....AC/heater kept turning on and off and was loud. We ended up just sleeping with the window cracked. Fridge was a bit loud too.

Location is convenient in the sense that it is easy to get on and off the highway. There are a few restaurants in the vicinity, but you have to drive. Downtown ABQ is a little more than a 5 minute drive away (without traffic). The hotel is close to the Sandia Casino and balloon park.

For the price we paid (AAA rate of $107 per night) I feel that a better value could be had elsewhere (like the Embassy suites, for a few bucks more, you get a lot more). But, this was a fine location and I would not be adverse to staying again if the price was right.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank ng2006
Reviewed June 29, 2004

I agree with the previous reviews...a decent place to stay. we stayed in 4/2004 and the facility was new and clean. Rooms were well maintained even though the hotel was only open a month or so. The pool was not functional when we first checked in and we could get no real answer when it would be available. The staff was unresponsive and did not notify us when it was available as they had promised. The breakfast was decent, semi hot with waffles, fruti sausage, eggs etc. A good value compared to alot of overpriced alternatives.

12  Thank saellis3