Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center
Ranked #39 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Sheena was great at customer service and her attention to detail was great. The service is second to none and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The breakfast is great and the evening meals are wonderful. Great location to all your needs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. We are pleased to know that you find our hotel comfortable and clean. We are happy to know as well that you find our location convenient and liked the selection of our breakfast and dinner. Thank you also for commending our staffs, your kind words will definitely inspire them to do good in their job even more. Your comments will be shared with our staff, It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We ususally travel to Albuquerque every 2 weeks to visit family and stay in various hotels, usually Hilton Homewood Suites Journal Center. Most of the time we are satisfied and have no complaints. We had a recent experience, though, that we would like to share with our fellow travelers that is quite disturbing. While at the Homewood Suites Journal Center just after Christmas, we were in our room settling down for the night visiting with family. My 1 1/2 year old sun was fumbling with the door to the room, but the top latch was locked so we paid it not attention. Well then we hear the door open and the baby went running down the hallway. We quickly caught him and returned to the room. The metal latch on the door actually broke off from the mighty tug of a toddler and fell to the ground. We immediately called the front desk and were offered to be moved to another room but we declined and just placed a chair in front of the door, since our older child was asleep. The following day my wife called the hotel and asked to speak to a manager. She told the manager Mr. Ruiz about the incident and he immediately became defensive and rude saying "what are you after" and "well metal does break" and "nobody was going to get in and harm you anyway". She asked for the number to the corporate office and he hung up the phone. She called back and Heather answered. She again asked for the corporate number. Heather transfered the call to the manager who again hung up. Finally after this going on for a while, Heather gave my wife the number to Hotels.com!!!!! After some research we did contact the Hilton Customer Service center and they spoke to the managerGabe Ruiz, who bad mouthed my wife and said we were "con-artists". Our only goal with asking to speak with the manager was to make him aware of the situation so something tragic does not happen to another family at this hotel. We usually enjoy our stay here but never had any problems to complain about. Once we finally had an issue we were vilified as con artists and out to get something from the hotel!! Beware if you stay here and pray that nothing goes wrong to complain about. Management is openly hostile and unwilling to resolve problems and does not take guest safety seriously. We have photos of the broken latch and witnesses that saw that the baby broke the latch by tugging on the door. If a baby can cause such destruction, what will a villian with evil intentions cause to the door and to your belongs or person? I suppose Mr. Ruiz will blame the guest saying it was all an act and planned to defraud his precious hotel. You will be "asking for it" if someone does get into your room and steals from you or cause harm to your family. This is the attitude that this hotels manager takes. It is the same attitude as saying a woman is asking to get attacked by the way she dresses. I am a Gulf War Veteran, frequent government traveler and Hilton Honors member and am appaled at the way Mr. Ruiz has treated my family and the blatant disregard he has for the safety of his guests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Hoagie1992
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Let me begin by offering my personal thanks for your service to our country. Our Homewood Suites brand is proud to honor the sacrifice of America’s active and retired military service members. The Welcome Home Headquarters is our way of recognizing troops as they reunite with their families.

After reading your lengthy review, I felt that it gives people the wrong impression about me. Being kind and compassionate to others is a key part of my belief system. As general manager, the safety and satisfaction of my guests is my overriding priority. Anyone who knows me can say that I’m the total opposite of what you describe in your review. I’ve never even met you or got a chance to hear your concerns (only your wife called). Your accusation that I called someone a con-artist is simply not true.

First, my night auditor did apologize for any troubles during your stay and, out of an abundance of precaution, promptly offered to switch rooms. But your wife said it really wasn’t necessary and chose to remain in Rm207. She gladly accepted our courtesy gift card for the inconvenience.

Second, I spoke to your wife that Monday to understand her concerns and offer my assistance. What started as a civil conversation quickly soured when she started yelling and cursing for no apparent reason. I could not even get a word in edgewise. She called me an “A-hole” and said “I didn’t give a f@&k about my customers”. That’s when I said this conversation is over and hung up.

Third, I still wonder how your infant baby could break a thick metal privacy latch. That’s totally astonishing! The latch is securely mounted on a heavy solid door at a 48” height. Most adults have to push hard to even open the room door. Please share with us any pictures or names of eyewitnesses who can aid our investigation.

The privacy latch allows guests to peek out of their room door. It’s not the primary locking device. Hotel guests actually secure their room door by engaging the deadbolt lock. Our housekeeping records showed that, prior to your arrival, both the deadbolt lock and privacy latch worked properly.

It has always been our goal to exceed your expectations and retain your loyalty to the Homewood brand. Please give us another opportunity to provide a warm welcome.

Kindest Regards,

Gabriel Ruiz
(505)998-4663 x401
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

We have stayed at the Homewood Suites Journal North location several times. The staff is always so nice and helpful, the rooms are clean, and the location is convenient. It is also very affordable. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. We appreciate that we were able to meet your expectation, especially in comfort and cleanliness of the rooms. We are happy as well that our location was convenient for you. We will do our best to maintain our services and facilities. Your comments will be shared with our staff, thank you.
EL Paso, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The Hotel is centrally located with easy access to I-25. The rooms all have full sized refrigerater/freezer which I particularly like so I can freeze the ice bricks for my cooler. The breakfasts are wonderful, the rooms clean and the evening buffet has something for everyone. I highly recomend this property when traveling in the Albuquerque area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us, and that we were able to meet your expectation. We are happy to know that you liked the refrigerator/freezer in your room as well as our breakfast selection. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of servic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My company has been coming here to this hotel for about 3 years. I had to make reservation for my trip and I have to say Heather made ir seamlessly. I enjoy my stay there and they always go the extra effort to make my stay a plessure. Thanks alot for everything.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. Thank you for your continued patronage and for being loyal to our hotel. We are pleased to know that we still keep up to your expectation and is still satisfied to our services every time you visit our hotel. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at other Homewood suites before and have been completely satisfied until our stay here. The room was not well-kept and after checking in, we had to ask to have the room re-cleaned as there was hair in the bathtub from a previous guest. The room and common areas seem outdated and in need of some remodeling- as an example, the area of carpet in our room that met the tile in the kitchenette area was frayed to the point of being able to feel the tacks underneath when stepping through that area. The positive aspects about this stay were the breakfast included and the location of this hotel but we will not be returning here unless a major remodel is done.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are committed to delivering the highest level of service to our guests, your feedback will help us correct and improve our services to better achieve our primary goal. We will be addressing the concern you have mentioned about the carpeting of our hotel rooms the soonest that we can and we will do our best to have this fixed. We are pleased to know that you liked the selection of our breakfast and also that you find our location convenient. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.
Sedona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and we are always very pleased with the service. The rooms are a good value and we enjoy the size of the suites. The breakfast and manager's evening reception have great food. The staff is always helpful and attentive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. We also would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We are happy to know that you liked our food, especially our breakfast and dinner choices. Your comments will be shared with our staff, as it will inspire them to continue providing our guest excellent services. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!