“Quiet, Comfortable”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center
Ranked #59 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our king studio was clean and comfortable. Hotel is in a good location with easy access. Just one little thing - If you have stayed at Homewood is other states and enjoyed the complimentary dinner and drinks, in New Mexico it is dinner only. The state does not allow a non-restaurant to serve alcohol.

Room Tip: Our west facing window had a nice view of the volcanoes in the distance.
Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was very comfortable for this business trip. I had a King Studio suite room and the bed was comfortable as were the pillows. The room and bathroom were very clean. I did eat the evening meal, which was ricotta stuffed shells, green beans, salad and breadsticks. It was acceptable as I was very tired and did not want to go out to dinner. The staff were friendly. I would stay there again. The only issue was the cable on the TV kept going out- the staff said it was due to the storm in the area.

Room Tip: I was in room 203 and did not hear any noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I like to stay at the Homewood Suites when I visit Albuquerque on business. Normally I have a very good stay with no issues. This time, however, housekeeping will keep me from giving this hotel a great review. I returned to the hotel on Wednesday of this last week to find my room had still not been cleaned -- at 2pm. I had a conference call so I had no choice but to put the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on my door. When I commented to the young man who was on the desk that my room had not been cleaned, he said "Yeah they were running late today' then looked at the housekeeping chart and said 'it says you had the do not disturb sign on your door.' I advised him it was after 2pm when I put the sign on the door due to a conference call. His only comment was 'I'll let the head housekeeper know.'

I understand that housekeeping at a hotel is a big deal and it's a hard job. However, as a guest and a paying customer I expect certain things from a hotel -- housekeeping being one of them. I expect to return to my room in the afternoon and find it has been serviced. This was extremely disappointing to me on this trip but it seems to be a growing trend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MGEplee
Inn_Builder, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience during your stay. We always value your feedback about our hotel and regret not earning a perfect score. Upon sharing your concerns with my staff here’s what transpired.

My housekeepers observed a Do-Not-Disturb sign on your door at 2:30pm and 5:20pm. It appears you posted a DND sign that entire afternoon which prevented us from entering your suite. It’s our policy to respect our guests’ privacy when a DND sign is posted. In the future please call our front desk to schedule housekeeping service at your convenience.

Please feel free to contact me at (505)998-4663 x400 and I’d be happy to make any special arrangements on your next visit. Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Homewood brand.

Kind Regards,

Gabriel Ruiz

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The lobby, fitness, center and laundry rooms are much smaller than those of other HWS however this is the first I've come across one with an indoor pool and hot tub major bonus in my book. Friendly staff. Clean hotel. The rooms come with comcast cable so whatever your favorite tv station and or show is you'll most likely find it. They don't have a partnership with a local gym so that was a bummer because the fitness center though quite nice only has two machines. Overall it is a lovely hotel with friendly staff across the board. Felt so welcome at this hotel. Like being home with family.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel was clean, room was large. The hot breakfast and dinner was more than what we expected. Breakfast was served every morning, while dinner was only served Mon through Thursday. This gives you the chance to taste the local flavor. There was easy access to the highway. We will definitely stay at the Homewood Suites again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times while in Albuquerque for business. Each time I was greeted as soon as I entered with a great smile and a cheerful hello. The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The room was very spacious with a large fridge, wide screen TV, DVD player and both wired and wireless Internet. The room was also very clean and nice with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast is very good and they have a large selection. The kitchen staff is to be commended for the EXCELLENT service they give. I would like to especially mention Anna. She will NOT let you go hungry. I will definitely continue using this hotel whenever I return to Albuquerque.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2013

the pool area was very clean and hot tub was at a great temperature. the breakfast was a little too much meat on a Friday (Lent) but was well cared for by staff. I like the idea of suites as you and your companion don't have to watch same thing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business