“Homewood Suites - During Balloon Fiesta”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center
Ranked #57 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Madison, WI
“Homewood Suites - During Balloon Fiesta”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites during Balloon Fiesta 2012. The hotel is the usual standard medium budget chain hotel except all rooms are suites. It is nice though to have a kitchenette - 2 ring stove and full sized fridge. The rooms are larger than standard rooms, having a lounge separate from bedroom.

In my room the 2 spaces are separated by the kitchenette which is situated in a hallway between them. There are no doors separating the spaces. The bed was comfortable and there is a sofa, chair and desk in the lounge. There is also a flat screen TV in the bedroom and lounge.

The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. I didn't use either but they looked a good size through the window. The free buffet breakfast was good. With a hot selection of eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes or other assortment changing every day. As well as fruit, cereal, pastries, etc.

The only issue I had was that the corridor on the 3rd floor smelled of smoke. My room did not though.

If you're going to the Balloon Fiesta it's a great location.

TIP: Don't go to Balloon Fiesta on I25. Instead turn right exiting from the hotel onto San Antonio Dr, left onto San Pedro and another left onto Alameda. This will avoid the long line on I25 and the off ramp.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed October 4, 2012

my husband and I traveled to Albuquerque once every couple of months we always stay at this homewood the rooms are big the beds are comfortable and we like that they have an indoor pool and a gym room. its a clean hotel and I've had no complaints i would recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelolivares
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel is much smaller than other Homewood Suites properties I've stayed at. The breakfast area has just about 8 tables to sit at. Despite this, there was always an open table. My only complaint involves the cooling system. It would not cool the room below 70-72 degrees. A good stay otherwise.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ajnuff
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Homewoods are my favorite hotel to stay in on business trips, when they fit in the travel guidelines. This one disappointed me only in not delivering my USA Today until the last day I was there. Dining area is a little small, but the staff is friendly and kept things refilled both breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This Homewood Suites is one of the newest additions to the extended-stay all-suite hotel options in Albuquerque and is conveniently located off of I-25 in northeast Albuquerque, close to restaurants, shopping and the popular Albquerque International Balloon Fiesta Park.

The rooms are spacious and clean, with new big-screen TVs, complimentary Wi-Fi and comfortable beds. A full-sized refrigerator and dishwasher in the room is a plus, and the kitchen is tiny but adequate if you need to make a simple meal.

The indoor swimming pool and workout area are well maintained, and the front office staff is attentive and overall service-oriented. You can use your Hilton Honors program, if applicable as available. The hot breakfast each morning is decent, and the light dinner and drinks through the weekday evenings are enjoyable.

We always prefer a suite to a basic hotel room any time we travel and would recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor do not require use of the elevator or stairs if you have elderly individual...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 1, 2012

On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being Terrible and 5 being Fantastic:

Cleanliness: 2
Technology: 1
Bed Comfort: 1

I stayed for 3 nights and it seemed like 3 years. Their internet technology must be from 1982, because it's impossible to get on the hotel internet. I'm Diamond so my computer connects immediately to Ibahn or HHonors, but even a call to tech support here couldn't make the connection last. Fortunately I have an air card, which I used instead.

The bed was really bad...very compressed and tilted down toward the side everyone sits down on. Extremely uncomfortable.

A/C roaring loud. Thankfully, I'm a heavy sleeper.

*The one good point here is that when I actually had to extend my stay by one night due to business travel changes, the 3rd hotel employee I got on the phone (after being told I couldn't just stay in my current room), graciously allowed me to stay in my same room for the 3rd night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed for four nights over Memorial day weekend. Everyone was so friendly went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Loved having the kitchen and fridge. Also so great that our dishes were done every day when we got home. A nice perk. Also enjoyed having the laundry room available to be able to wash a few things. A great place to stay with kiddos. Wonderful breakfasts. Our daughter enjoyed the breakfast burritos every morning. Only negative our room was a little small. But not all rooms. My sister and her husband had a bigger suite. Also would nice to have a treadmill in the workout room. We will be back next time we are in ABQ.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family