I stayed at the Homewood Suites during Balloon Fiesta 2012. The hotel is the usual standard medium budget chain hotel except all rooms are suites. It is nice though to have a kitchenette - 2 ring stove and full sized fridge. The rooms are larger than standard rooms, having a lounge separate from bedroom.
In my room the 2 spaces are separated by the kitchenette which is situated in a hallway between them. There are no doors separating the spaces. The bed was comfortable and there is a sofa, chair and desk in the lounge. There is also a flat screen TV in the bedroom and lounge.
The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. I didn't use either but they looked a good size through the window. The free buffet breakfast was good. With a hot selection of eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes or other assortment changing every day. As well as fruit, cereal, pastries, etc.
The only issue I had was that the corridor on the 3rd floor smelled of smoke. My room did not though.
If you're going to the Balloon Fiesta it's a great location.
TIP: Don't go to Balloon Fiesta on I25. Instead turn right exiting from the hotel onto San Antonio Dr, left onto San Pedro and another left onto Alameda. This will avoid the long line on I25 and the off ramp.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Hotel Albuquerque
- Homewood Suites Albuquerque
- Homewood Albuquerque
- Hilton Albuquerque
- Homewood Suites Journal Center
- Albuquerque Hilton
- Albuquerque Homewood Suites