I often have allergic reactions to motels, most likely from dirty a/c or heaters. I figured a non-smoker motel might indicate a sensitivity to allergy sufferers. The heating was the baseboard set-up, so no air is blowing. It was definitely clean by my standards! It is one story, but the windows do open! And even the bathroom has a window, but I didn't see a fan to run while showering.
Also, it was convenient to tourist attractions; you can walk to the Aquarium and Old Town and several museums.
You can check email in the lobby. There is no breakfast. The ice machine room has one soda machine, but rooms have fridges, so you can keep your own food. In March, not a busy time, the area was quiet at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Est.1936, the Monterey Motel is a renovated historic Route 66 motel uniquely situated in Albuquerque's Old Town, and within walking distance of ABQ's main attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Monterey Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Non-Smokers Hotel Albuquerque
- Monterey Non Smokers Motel