It may not be "new," but tht is part of the charm. It is an old style motel located on old Route 66.
You can walk to Old Town. You can park in front of your room. There's a clean laundry room on-site with iron and ironing board.
The owners/managers are on-site and willing to give advice and help with anything.
The room wa clean and I didn't have highway noise. The owners were updating some of the carpeting in some of the rooms when I was there.
Plenty of light and electrical outlets.
I liked this place so much I stayed an extra night. I was on a quick cross-country trip from CA to VA in late August-early September 2012. I called and was a bit suspicious because the price was so great. I liked the fact that they sort of asked me "qualifying" questions before taking my reservation for that same night. I looked at the room before agreeing to stay.
It was such as great location and so comfy that I decided to spend one more night and see more sights. It is conveniently located. I felt quite safe and had no worries.
This is a great value. If I ever go back, I will stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Est.1936, the Monterey Motel is a renovated historic Route 66 motel uniquely situated in Albuquerque's Old Town, and within walking distance of ABQ's main attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Monterey Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Non-Smokers Hotel Albuquerque
- Monterey Non Smokers Motel