I was looking for a reasonably inexpensive place to stay for the balloon fiesta, but did not want to stay in one of the many chain hotels. This place was recommended over in the Forum, and it was exactly what I was hoping for -- a place with a little Route 66 flavor at a price I could afford without feeling "gouged" because of the balloon fiesta.
Even though it was an older hotel, this place was gleaming. I don't know if I have ever stayed at a more spotless motel. And my room was HUGE! But the thing I loved the most was having my own assigned parking spot right outside my room. I always hate that feeling of driving in after an evening out, dreading finding the parking places filled. This was never an issue, with my own private space!
Bo, the woman of the couple who owns the hotel was so sweet and friendly! We had several really nice conversations. Her enthusiasm for the balloon fiesta was infectious! She offered several helpful suggestions.
The place is within walking distance of Old Town -- another plus. Cable TV, Ceiling fan. Fridge in the room. Strong wifi signal. I enjoyed my visit here very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Est.1936, the Monterey Motel is a renovated historic Route 66 motel uniquely situated in Albuquerque's Old Town, and within walking distance of ABQ's main attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Monterey Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monterey Non-Smokers Hotel Albuquerque
- Monterey Non Smokers Motel