“Regular Rider is Disappointed”

New Mexico Rail Runner
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The ride can be fun, relaxing and save you money.

But if you depend upon it to get to work or back, you would come to know that their on time record is terrible. They rarely seem to know how long a delay will be. Forget about them giving you timely update for delays. I have arrived 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure only to be notified after the train is 15 minutes late, that it will be 25 minutes late. Well add on 10 minutes and you have a train full of people who are getting sick of this poor customer service.

They know the train is late, they know where the train is and when it will arrive. Why can't they communicate with their customers?
Lasted delay - each day RR has guys with flags at every Santa Fe crossing and the train creeping along adding 10 - 20 minutes each way. How long? Nobody seems to know.

Come - you guys can do much better.

2  Thank ABQ-DAD

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I've never been on a train, and we knew the Rail Ruuner goes to Santa Fe everyday and wanting a weekend getaway, we took the train and stayed at Buffalo Thunder. Great ride, neat views and a carefree trip. Oh and it's cheap, but don't tell anyone, or everyone will want to go....

1  Thank OneShoe50
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is the only way to travel to Santa Fe for the day. We purchased a day pass online or you can buy a ticket on board. It was just a few blocks to the plaza for shopping and lots of restaurants close to the station. Sure beats driving! We look forward to the next trip on the Rail Runner. Such a relaxing ride.

1  Thank mss09
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I decided to visit Albuquerque and the hotel told me about the Rail Runner. Instead of renting a car and driving to Santa Fe I took Rail Runner. Best decision ever! I was very impressed with the train and how convenient it was to get to Santa Fe. I purchased an all day pass for $9 for the round trip. When I arrived in Santa Fe I walked to the Georgia Okeefe museum. That's how close the train station is in Santa Fe. Then I walked to the Plaza and finally walked back to the train station. All attractions in Santa Fe are within walking distance of the Rail Runner. If you don't want to walk 2-3 blocks then by all means take the shuttle, (but the exercise will do you good). I'm so glad the state of New Mexico saw a great opportunity to take extra vehicles off the freeway and put in the commuter train. I plan on taking the Rail Runner again next time I'm in Albuquerque.

3  Thank jim30122
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Easy to buy tickets ahead of time on internet. Ease to get on and off. Very clean and smooth ride. Good way to sight see and relax.