“The other way to get to Santa Fe, the low stress way.” 4 of 5 bubbles

New Mexico Rail Runner
Albuquerque, NM
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“The other way to get to Santa Fe, the low stress way.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I've never been on a train, and we knew the Rail Ruuner goes to Santa Fe everyday and wanting a weekend getaway, we took the train and stayed at Buffalo Thunder. Great ride, neat views and a carefree trip. Oh and it's cheap, but don't tell anyone, or everyone will want to go....

Visited June 2014
1 Thank OneShoe50

Kansas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“A Convenient way for a day trip to Sante Fe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is the only way to travel to Santa Fe for the day. We purchased a day pass online or you can buy a ticket on board. It was just a few blocks to the plaza for shopping and lots of restaurants close to the station. Sure beats driving! We look forward to the next trip on the Rail Runner. Such a relaxing ride.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank mss09
Lithia Springs, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best Way to Santa Fe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I decided to visit Albuquerque and the hotel told me about the Rail Runner. Instead of renting a car and driving to Santa Fe I took Rail Runner. Best decision ever! I was very impressed with the train and how convenient it was to get to Santa Fe. I purchased an all day pass for $9 for the round trip. When I arrived in Santa Fe I walked to the Georgia Okeefe museum. That's how close the train station is in Santa Fe. Then I walked to the Plaza and finally walked back to the train station. All attractions in Santa Fe are within walking distance of the Rail Runner. If you don't want to walk 2-3 blocks then by all means take the shuttle, (but the exercise will do you good). I'm so glad the state of New Mexico saw a great opportunity to take extra vehicles off the freeway and put in the commuter train. I plan on taking the Rail Runner again next time I'm in Albuquerque.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank jim30122
Albuquerque
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great way to go to Santa Fe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Easy to buy tickets ahead of time on internet. Ease to get on and off. Very clean and smooth ride. Good way to sight see and relax.

Visited July 2014
Heidelberg, Australia
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Great cheap way to see Santa Fe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Train is $7 for students so it's the easiest and cheapest way to see Santa Fe for the day.
Right next to Amtrack and Greyhound, buy your tickets on board and just enjoy the ride.
Use the free shuttle in Santa Fe to get around. It's ever 15 mins