“Great Lunch Specials!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Lunch Specials!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had a wonderful business lunch here. It was not too crowded and the food was terriffic. I ordered the sushi sampler and everything was so tasty and very fresh. The hibachi food was very good as well. I wished I could have had some more fried rice, but it was a lunch special. Totally understandable. The only thing not understandable was our cook. He was a little too engaging for someone who spoke very little english. Any time he seemed to ask a question, it just generated quizical looks from everyone around." We just smiled and nodded. I will definitely be back here with the family. My wife loves sushi and the kids always like a live action grill. 5 out of 5!

• Visited February 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Always over estimate..”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

A few friends and I went out to dinner, planned on going to Hayashi Japanese Hibachi and Sushi Bar. We called ahead to see the wait, they said about an hour. We left 30 minutes after that taking 15 to get there and we didn't mind to wait the few minutes. 45 minutes goes by and we finally ask about how much longer, the hostess says "one sec let me check", we waited 5 minutes for her answer which was "it will be another 45 minutes" at this point we were not too happy. We told them no we called over an hour ago, and their response was "literally an hour ago?" After about 7 minutes the manager came out, the manager was not dressed as a manger should be, old sneakers, jeans and a shirt, I expected her to be dressed much nicer, she apologized and said she tried to get a table to leave, I have worked at a restaurant, I know how it gets on weekend nights, which is why you always tell the guests a longer estimated wait time so they do not get upset when it has been well over the given wait time. The manager came back a few times and she showed us their wait list, which means nothing to me. That is not something the guests need to see, we wanted to eat and were okay with waiting an hour, not two.
There were three girls up front at the hostess stand, not caring what they were talking about in front of guests clearly.
My group of friends and I did not mind waiting an hour, knowing it was a weekend night but when the wait kept being pushed back we were not pleased.
Word of mouth in this city is huge, I was not happy at all with how we were treated by the three girls at the host stand. Customer service is huge and it shouldn't depend on the age of the guests, it needs to be there and it was not.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Molly_Thin
New Mexico
“Yummy”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hayashi is one of the better places for sushi on this end of town and does a decent job with hibachi grill as well.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank MattNM
San Antonio Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had to wait a little but well worth the wait...”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Sushi was very good - plenty of choices. We also had the Teppanyaki Hibachi chicken and it was excellent. Very pleasant atmosphere and staff - we also loved the NFL football game on big screen tvs - they had everything you could ask for and more.

• Visited September 2012
Littleton, Colorado
“Everyone in the group loved their meal.”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

They do Teppanyaki, Hibachi, sushi, tempura, sashimi, teriyaki, bento boxes, you name it, and it's all good. We wanted privacy and got a little table along the side of the restaurant, but you can sit at the big teppanyaki table and watch the show as they chop, throw and cook in front of you. We could hear occasional laughter from in there, so they must do a good job.

When your palate or stomach has had a little too much of Albuquerque's delicious red and green chile, Hayashi Hibachi is a great alternative.

Visited September 2012