“Very Fancy Restaurant With Good Prices”
Review of El Patron

El Patron
Ranked #103 of 1,789 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Very new restaurant. Moved into one of the closed Garduno's after they filed bankruptcy.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Beautiful restaurant! Also love the area it is in. The staff are very attentive staff. Great food. Love their sopapillas and salsa.

There are newer reviews for El Patron

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The food here was very good. The chips are nice and light and the salsa is spicy. The quality of the food is excellent. This place has the best chile relleno I've ever had. I had given up on chile rellenos because they are never any good, and this was the best one ever! Everything was great!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I ate parmesean crusted whitefish with light spicy sauce and it was outstanding. What a lovely Mexican setting right in the middle of Montgomery Blvd.

2  Thank Madeline D
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Love this salsa, I have lived in Albuquerque all my life which makes me a very picky Mexican food aficianada and this salsa is the best I have had in this city or any other. The sopapillas are better than most restaurants serve, more substance, wonderful for desert or to sop up some of the yummy green chili sauce. I didn't think the red enchilada sauce was very tasty but the green sauce more than made up for it. I had the combination plate last time, it was great! The previous time I ordered the taco salad, it had a lot of meat in it and was delicious too. My 85 year old mother went with me so when we arrived I asked for a comfortable booth, the hostess changed course very pleasantly and accomodated us with a smile. The decor is cute and a nice conversation piece. Both times we had a great server.

1  Thank greengardener314
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I simply love this place! I first visited El Patron, with other people, in October when I was in town for a job interview. I just recently moved to town and this has become my place to go to. Great menu - from brunch to dinner; also great happy hour taco bar menu (3-8pm). Best margaritas... no sour mix, only real lime juice! Comfortably place to go by myself. Friendly staff - Kathy, Joey, and Todd are the best! Perfect for a nice sit down dinner or to watch Sunday football at the bar. Fresh, home-made salsa daily. All dinners come with chips/salsa and sopapillas/honey.

1  Thank sfetterolf