“Would not stay here again....”

TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The hotel is fine if you don't mind dirty bathtubs and dogs barking all hours of the night.
When I was at the front desk, another couple had to change rooms because their carpet was wet. The guy's granddaughter stepped on the carpet and then the tile floor in the bathroom and fell. The front desk clerk stated that she was not told the carpets were cleaned.
I would not be surprised if the hotel has numerous lawsuits from guest getting hurt. After reading the reviews, I guess its normal practice for this hotel to give guest rooms with wet carpets.
Had I known they take dogs (there is no "pet free" floor), I would not have stayed here. Because my company is paying for the hotel, its too much hassel to change.
I expected a lot better from the Marriott and will do my best to avoid their hotels in the future.
P.S. their "high speed" internet is slower than dial-up and the pool in the picture is not that big. They used a wide angle lens to make it look big; in reality, its pretty small.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MelissaAnne09

Reviewed July 15, 2009

The hotel has rooms with very efficient kitchens with all the basic amenities you might need for a several day stay. A convection oven is a great way to cook.

Everything was very clean and well maintained. The room was well appointed- so much so that nearly everything one could need is there.

The only criticism was the air conditioner had a musty smell continually. There were a few pets there, one came in the food area and I asked the owner to please remove the animal from there. It may have been pet urine in the air conditioner now that I'm thinking this through.

Other than that, the whirlpool was clean, the continental breakfast was minimal but sufficient- and we got a good price. The free internet was very slow at times but accessible and provided free copy paper.

Overall, an excellent place to stay, and if you can get it in the $60-$80 night range, a good value also.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I've stayed here 4 times in 18 months with my family and pet and have had a great stay every time. The staff is courteous and friendly, the rooms are immaculately clean and there is none of the common discrepancies of a pet-friendly hotel (fleas, urine smell, etc.). The rooms are spacious (esp. liked the 2-room suite on my last visit) and well insulated from adjoining rooms (no noisy neighbors). Location is in a safe and clean area about 5 min. from the airport and 5-10 min. away from lots of great restaurants (there's even an Applebee's within 2 minutes walk of the hotel). I recommend this hotel to anyone staying with pets, it's a great place. The only downside is the $100 pet deposit but hey, at least me and the mutt aren't leaving with fleas! Also, their breakfast is really just a quick-grab of fruit/cereal/breakfast bars, etc. Still, you can't find a better pet-friendly hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I couldn't find any recent reviews on this hotel, so I wanted to write one. This property is very close to the airport with easy freeway access. It is a Marriott property, so it was well maintained. I had a queen suite which had a small kitchen. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was really pleased with all of the cable channel selections. There is an outdoor pool there, but it was still closed for winter. The hot tub was available, but I did not use it. There is a small gym which had 2 treadmills, one bike and at least one Elliptical machine. There is one computer in the lobby which was availabe most of the time. There is also a guest laundry. There is a complimentary breakfast, but it only consists of cereal, pastries muffins, breakfast bars and oatmeal. There was a little bit of fruit to choose from. The AAA rate offered was too good to pass up. The staff were polite and helpful. If you are looking for a budget hotel and don't mind staying near the airport, this place could possibly work for you.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2009

This hotel was going through some renovations while we stayed here, but it was the weekend so we had no issues with construction noise. Rooms came with kitchen and were comfortable and clean. Staff was also very friendly. This hotel was pet friendly, though the pet fee was a little steep ($100) on top of the regular room rate.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 4, 2008

My wife and I checked in around 3pm and noticed that they were cleaning the carpets down the hall. When we returned after dinner, we discovered that our carpets were soaking wet to the point where it saturated my leather shoes. We called the front desk and got a very unhelpful desk clerk. She indicated that she had already received numerous complaints. We asked for another room and were told that every room in the hotel had been cleaned that day. We laid down a path of towels from the bathroom to the bed and they were soaked in no time. The wetness had a slick chemical surface and the tile in the bathroom subsequently became extremely slick. It didn't help matters that I slipped and fell in the bathroom in the middle of the night. When we departed the next morning, the carpets were still wet.
It bothers me that since the hotel was less than half full, why couldn't they have cleaned 1/2 the carpets one day and the other half the next in order not to inconvienience any guests?. Perhaps what disturbed me the most is the attitude of the hotel staff and the fact that I went to the trouble to fill out a response form to Marriott and didn't hear squat. I will never return to this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kspilot84
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We booked two rooms (myself, my husband and my parents) for one night before we had to catch our plane back home. I chose the hotel for it's price and location. The rooms were very clean and spacious (we just had studios). The beds are very comfortable. We didn't seem to get an excess noise from the other guests but it was a little loud facing the street. Not so much that we couldn't sleep though. The front desk people were fairly friendly and we didn't have any problems checking in early even though we hadn't previously arranged for this (our drive was a lot shorter than we had anticipated). This hotel is very convenient to the rental car drop off at the airport and is pretty close to a few breakfast chains (Village Inn and The Waffle House). The breakfasts are your typical continental style with muffins, fruit, cereal and danish. We didn't check out the pool area but it seemed clean and in good shape. This was our first time to try a Townplace Suite and I'm glad we did. We'll definitely stay at this chain in the future. The kitchen area was great even though we didn't really use it. This would be an awesome place for a family if you got the real suite.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family