“Comfortable Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #74 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Comfortable Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I couldn't find any recent reviews on this hotel, so I wanted to write one. This property is very close to the airport with easy freeway access. It is a Marriott property, so it was well maintained. I had a queen suite which had a small kitchen. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was really pleased with all of the cable channel selections. There is an outdoor pool there, but it was still closed for winter. The hot tub was available, but I did not use it. There is a small gym which had 2 treadmills, one bike and at least one Elliptical machine. There is one computer in the lobby which was availabe most of the time. There is also a guest laundry. There is a complimentary breakfast, but it only consists of cereal, pastries muffins, breakfast bars and oatmeal. There was a little bit of fruit to choose from. The AAA rate offered was too good to pass up. The staff were polite and helpful. If you are looking for a budget hotel and don't mind staying near the airport, this place could possibly work for you.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
mimi9753
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

This hotel was going through some renovations while we stayed here, but it was the weekend so we had no issues with construction noise. Rooms came with kitchen and were comfortable and clean. Staff was also very friendly. This hotel was pet friendly, though the pet fee was a little steep ($100) on top of the regular room rate.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

My wife and I checked in around 3pm and noticed that they were cleaning the carpets down the hall. When we returned after dinner, we discovered that our carpets were soaking wet to the point where it saturated my leather shoes. We called the front desk and got a very unhelpful desk clerk. She indicated that she had already received numerous complaints. We asked for another room and were told that every room in the hotel had been cleaned that day. We laid down a path of towels from the bathroom to the bed and they were soaked in no time. The wetness had a slick chemical surface and the tile in the bathroom subsequently became extremely slick. It didn't help matters that I slipped and fell in the bathroom in the middle of the night. When we departed the next morning, the carpets were still wet.
It bothers me that since the hotel was less than half full, why couldn't they have cleaned 1/2 the carpets one day and the other half the next in order not to inconvienience any guests?. Perhaps what disturbed me the most is the attitude of the hotel staff and the fact that I went to the trouble to fill out a response form to Marriott and didn't hear squat. I will never return to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kspilot84
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

We booked two rooms (myself, my husband and my parents) for one night before we had to catch our plane back home. I chose the hotel for it's price and location. The rooms were very clean and spacious (we just had studios). The beds are very comfortable. We didn't seem to get an excess noise from the other guests but it was a little loud facing the street. Not so much that we couldn't sleep though. The front desk people were fairly friendly and we didn't have any problems checking in early even though we hadn't previously arranged for this (our drive was a lot shorter than we had anticipated). This hotel is very convenient to the rental car drop off at the airport and is pretty close to a few breakfast chains (Village Inn and The Waffle House). The breakfasts are your typical continental style with muffins, fruit, cereal and danish. We didn't check out the pool area but it seemed clean and in good shape. This was our first time to try a Townplace Suite and I'm glad we did. We'll definitely stay at this chain in the future. The kitchen area was great even though we didn't really use it. This would be an awesome place for a family if you got the real suite.

• Liked — Very clean and spacious rooms. Close to the airport!
  • Disliked — The doors are very heavy and the elevators are small.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

This is intended to be an extended stay hotel. Consequently you do not get maid service daily.
However, you do get a clean room with a bed, sofa, chair and a full kitchen at a great price. I stay here because I always want a (full size) fridge and many places don’t give you one. Breakfast is OK but nothing extraordinary. But the fact you get it at all at all considering the room price is amazing. The gym is small but has just what you need for a quick work out.
Overall, clean and just what I need to be comfortable away from home.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank baseballfan53
Tubaman543
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

Everything about the TownePlace Suites was fine, except I had one big problem. My girlfriend and I sat in their outdoor hot tub for not even 10 minutes, and we were completely disgusted by the amount of chemicals they had put in. When we got out of the tub, my black bathing suit had turned to a very light brown, and her dark blue suit was a washed out light blue. I have tried at least 5 times over 2 days to wash the smell off, but it is still overwhelming.

So, the room was great as was the service, but just don't use the hot tub or pool!

Stayed March 2008
fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

The hotel is clean. Staff very nice. Facilities in good condiiton. Breakfast needs improvement URGENT! Maid service also needs improvement. Hotel has a schedule to clean your room, every two days for towels and once a week for cleaning......... I guess thats what you get for the price!
In general it is a good place to stay!

• Liked — kitchen in room
  • Disliked — room service and the breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007