I love Marriott and usually stay at the Residence Inn. I stayed at the Towne PLace bec an organization made the reservation for my travel companion.. The Towne Place seems to be a poor cousin to Residence Inn. The hotel is old,the room/suite small and the lay out weird There are few amenities in the room like kleenex in the bedroom or even trash cans with only one under the sink and one in bathroom (no heat lamp there either).No ice bucket and if you want water to bush your teeth,only glasses from kitchen are available.There is no popcorn in the room. Also, no sharp knives,for those who might want to cook and eat something you need to chew..or want to open something!
Re:Breakfast..tables so close together in lobby. it's hard to move and selection is bare minimum.
The "pool",which looks nice on the website, is a postage stamp and the whirlpool tiny and both are very uninviting
I had some trouble getting connected to WiFi..For some reason the portal opens up better if you try to connect your browser to CNN.com.
The hotel is located in sort of an hotel park ,with several places to stay arranged in a horseshoe.The entrance to this area is Centre St..an easily missed roadway .(and make sure not to put CENTRAL in your car's GPS.
The room has no information about local eateries other than the drab Applebee's around the corner.,or options for delivery (and ,unlike Residence Inn,has no happy hour/dinner) and the TV channel info is incorrect,insofar as many of the channels are not available. Also,the area is VERY bright,so make sure to use the curtains at night..altho they don't close completely.Temp in bedroom was either freezing or humid.Oh and since Marriott is kind of known for its bedding,the pillows were gooshy or medium soft..OK for me but not for some.
I'm not sure why Marriott needs a suite hotel that is inferior to Residence Inn.
I don't know how price compares to other places in the area,but if ambience and little extras mean anything ,skip TownePlace. Not sure why some folks are "surprised" about the amenities,eg microwave,,it's a SUITE, Duh :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We bring you all the comforts of home in our spacious studio, one and two-bedroom suites so you can look forward to an enjoyable stay in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We are located convienently to I-25 if you are traveling to or from Santa Fe and/or Rio Rancho. We are minutes from the Albuquerque Sunport Airport and offer complimentary transportation from 430AM to midnight. We are also close to other great attractions and amenities such as; University of New Mexico, International Balloon Fiesta Park, Kirtland Air Force Base, Albuquerque Isotopes, Isleta Pavilion, and the new IMAX theatre. Your shopping choices are plentiful and include the Nob Hill shopping district, Coronado Mall, Uptown Shopping Center as well as Old Town Albuquerque. Try one of our transportation packages with the NM Railrunner for convienent access to Santa Fe, NM. We also have a 24-hour staff that is available to assist your every need and we offer complimentary internet as well as a complimentary continental breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Albuquerque Airport Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Towneplace Suites