“A new place for me...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“A new place for me...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I normally stay near the airport when I travel early on business. Both of my choices (past experiences were usually pleasant there) were booked solid, so I tried something new...TownPlace Suites by Marriott. The room was priced so low I had to check to make sure it was correct. Check in was cordial & professional. First impressions were that it was a fairly new & clean/well maintained property.
I was greeted as a Marriott club member, hotel amenities were explained to me as well as proximity to restaurants with suggestions (which I already knew) and the airport shuttle in the morning. Connection to their WiFi was good, with no breaks in service. The lobby business center and computers/printers were sufficient & accessible. The room itself was clean, well maintained, comfortable & with a full kitchen, I felt at home. Ample desk/work station in the room made it easy to get my paperwork done. The usual simple lobby breakfast was sufficient, with a "take along" sack available. Airport shuttle was on time & efficient. I will have to re-assess this for future stays when I have business travel out of the ABQ Sunport.

Room Tip: Had a first floor room due to disability...was accessible but a bit noisy due to kids running back f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Frank K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Awesome. Would stay there anytime I came to ABQ! Jason was very friendly at check in. Price was affordable. Rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Beds were comfortable. Overall it was a great stay. Look forward to staying again next time we drive thru.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank My2sunz
MORENO VALLEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Well, almost. Great price and wonderful room. My studio suite included a couch, nice size Flat Screen with lots of HD stations, Queen bed, and a full kitchen. Good wifi connection, but annoying the amount of times you have to login. I needed to do laundry, and there was a 2nd laundry room right on my floor, the 3rd. Walk to Applebees, Fuddruckers. Near airport and easy to get to Old Town.

Biggest complaint: the little 'store' in the lobby. If your goal is to get fat, or stay fat, you'll love this place. Most of it is chips and huge candy bars. They didn't even have microwave popcorn!

Room Tip: Stay in the North wing, but facing South. Great view from 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank drdroad
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Clean, New, Close to I-25. Would stay there again. It is nice to have a full kitchen. The breakfast was not bad for a free breakfast. It is a great place to stay with kids and have your own space. We try to stay at these hotels whenever we go out of town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cola79912
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in the Albuquerque area. I have stayed here almost 30 trips, for over 60 nights. The rooms are laid out really well and are always nice and clean. The staff are really friendly. Also, they have a pretty good free breakfast, which saves you a little time and money in the morning. The hotel is located near the airport and I-25 for easy access, but not so close that you hear them.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to noise, stay on the parking lot side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank poofycurls
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I book hotel rooms for a traveling group, and it's always nice to find suites for a great price. Our rooms had separate bedrooms from the living space and all the comforts of a long-term stay.There was a laundry facility on the 3rd floor with multiple washers and dryers. I only wish we could've stayed longer!!

Only downside: No car port for the lobby. It was raining when we came in, and our group has a lot of luggage.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were in ABQ for few days before we moved in our own house. We booked 4 nights at the TownePlace. Once at the airport and we pick up our bags, we called the hotel and they send a shuttle just for us free of charges.
We found the room better than we expected: very clean with all we needed. The free internet wireless and wired are quite fast compare to others hotels i have been before. The people, included the cleaning staff, are very welcome and ready to help in any occasion. I have to say the place is very quite even if closed to the airpot. The complementary breakfast is good enough and at least they dont serve plastic beagles as I had in many other hotels!
Only one little thing: My first day I took an yogurts for breakfast and I found that many were out of validity date by 5 days. I pointed it out and the hotel staff changed it immediately. Still this stay worths 5 starts!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family