WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #56 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Chicago, Illinois
“We enjoyed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were on business and stayed here for two months. It was enjoyable. If we were too tired to go out to dinner, they served a light meal in the dining area. The breakfast was always good and hot.
If we are ever in the Albuquerque NM area again, we will stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Flagstaff, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here Labor Day weekend with our friends in another room and we had a very nice stay. I enjoyed the large suite for our 3-night stay; enough room for the 4 of us to have happy hour our first evening in one suite and fix dinner together our last evening there in the other one. A good base from which to explore the area and handy to be able to have breakfast before going out each day. The people who take care of the breakfast room were lacking in their job at times but I wasn't affected myself. The oatmeal was good, there were plenty of toppings to choose for it and I could get some yogurt too! They also had hard boiled eggs so I could get a little more protein. They do have the choice of hot eggs and sausage and also make your own waffles, but those things seemed to have problems.
I like the separate vanity/sink area from the shower so I can do my makeup while my husband is showering and the TV in the bedroom was situated perfectly to listen while preparing for the day at the vanity area. There are 2 TV's with one in the living room area. The wifi there worked just fine.
The front desk people were very friendly and helpful! We didn't use the pool or workout facility but those both looked very nice and adequate. I would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is the fourth year we've stayed at this hotel. Sometimes its for a week, other times for just a few days. Its a wonderful place, always spotless. The complimentary breakfast is plentiful and great. Several times during the week they offer a light supper at 6 pm, plenty to take care of your dinner needs. The staff here is exceptional. Rooms are spacious and quiet. Location is excellent with easy access to I-25. Great casino (Sandia) just 5 miles up the road.) There are also planty of restaurants within walking distance in case you don't want to take advantage of the full kitchen in your room. (Who wants to cook while on vacation!)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I know it will seem a bit off-key to talk about nearby restaurants in a hotel review but that is actually a major sttrength for this Mariott property. Residence Inn rooms are always large and have a full kitchen but sometimes you don't feel like cooking. There are a half dozen places to eat within an easy walk and a dozen more if you are ambitous. The staff was helpful, although often missing from the front desk. Local newspaper along with USA Today much appreciated. Did not try the free manager's reception food given the other choices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Quick list of good stuff:

1. Excellent and convenient location for car travel with family
2. Quiet rooms, in-wall air conditioning instead of window units
3. Good, clean outdoor pool (a little small but not too small)
4. Good breakfast with lots of options including fresh cut fruit and whole fruit
5. Extraordinary customer service which I will detail below

Only one item in my "not so great stuff" list: The pull out bed is very uncomfortable, and when I asked about a rollaway the front desk clerk said our room was too small. Our 9 year old daughter can sleep just about anywhere, but she could feel the springs and woke up "feeling bruisy" (in her words). So we got 6 extra blankets, folded them up under her and she slept perfectly on night #2. (this was the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 - they really should allow rollaways in this situation, IMO.)

Now for the extraordinary! There are two ways in which the staff went out of their way to be helpful to us. First, the management allowed us to extend our stay at the reduced rate we had booked through their website. They didn't have to use that rate at all for our unexpected second night, but they simply said yes when I asked, and that was that! We had to extend because we had car troubles on our drive to ABQ, and we needed to go to a dealership to get it fixed because it was a recall issue. I spent 7 hours at the local dealership getting it resolved. Coming back to friendly hotel staff who smiled and asked how it went was a pleasant plus!

Second, my daughter and I forgot to get our jackets out of the room coat closet when we left. (we didn't need them - heat wave - silly us!) We realized that we had left them behind about 2 hours after we departed. My jacket has significant sentimental value to me and I was anxious to get it back. When I called the hotel to inquire about the jackets, the front desk staff member (Kyle I think?) went out of his way to check with the housekeeping department. They went to the room and found the jackets right away. This was done in a matter of a few short minutes, and they suggested they look while I stayed on the line. There was no "we'll call you back if we find them" or anything like that. And then they very happily sent both jackets via express mail to our next long-term hotel destination with all of the necessary markings to make sure the next hotel would accept them.

So, I thank the staff of the Residence Inn ABQ North for their kind service! Due to that, as well as the quality of the room and the hotel as a whole, I will certainly stay at this hotel again the next time we come through ABQ.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had booked this on Groupon but it turned out to be a great place. We had a one bedroom suite on the 3rd floor. It had a kitchen 2 TV's whats not too like? The breakfast was great and best of all the staff were superb!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LegalEagle0907
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I regularly stay in Marriott Hotels. I particularly like their Residence Inn brand because it is more like a small comfortable apartment than a conventional room with a bed vying to be the center of attention. The location of this Residence Inn in North Albuquerque felt safe, with a well-lit parking lot, and was convenient to taking care of business. It is also only 45 minutes from Santa Fe, a straight shot up I-25. This property was CLEAN, well appointed with a nice fully equipped kitchen, living room, desk, bedroom and bathroom. The warm and inviting Marriott brand colors were comfortable and anything but sterile or outdated. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the bed linens were 100% cotton which I greatly appreciate since I have sensitivities to synthetic materials. There was no awful masking perfume in the room and I was able to sleep comfortably. YES, there is also an excellent complimentary breakfast offered in the morning hours with hot foods and quality choices [good coffee too]. Thank you, Marriott for keeping your standards high and always providing value for expenditure. Much appreciated.

Room Tip: It is safer to stay in North ABQ and is far enough from the freeway so that you do not hear any traf...