Quick list of good stuff:
1. Excellent and convenient location for car travel with family
2. Quiet rooms, in-wall air conditioning instead of window units
3. Good, clean outdoor pool (a little small but not too small)
4. Good breakfast with lots of options including fresh cut fruit and whole fruit
5. Extraordinary customer service which I will detail below
Only one item in my "not so great stuff" list: The pull out bed is very uncomfortable, and when I asked about a rollaway the front desk clerk said our room was too small. Our 9 year old daughter can sleep just about anywhere, but she could feel the springs and woke up "feeling bruisy" (in her words). So we got 6 extra blankets, folded them up under her and she slept perfectly on night #2. (this was the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 - they really should allow rollaways in this situation, IMO.)
Now for the extraordinary! There are two ways in which the staff went out of their way to be helpful to us. First, the management allowed us to extend our stay at the reduced rate we had booked through their website. They didn't have to use that rate at all for our unexpected second night, but they simply said yes when I asked, and that was that! We had to extend because we had car troubles on our drive to ABQ, and we needed to go to a dealership to get it fixed because it was a recall issue. I spent 7 hours at the local dealership getting it resolved. Coming back to friendly hotel staff who smiled and asked how it went was a pleasant plus!
Second, my daughter and I forgot to get our jackets out of the room coat closet when we left. (we didn't need them - heat wave - silly us!) We realized that we had left them behind about 2 hours after we departed. My jacket has significant sentimental value to me and I was anxious to get it back. When I called the hotel to inquire about the jackets, the front desk staff member (Kyle I think?) went out of his way to check with the housekeeping department. They went to the room and found the jackets right away. This was done in a matter of a few short minutes, and they suggested they look while I stayed on the line. There was no "we'll call you back if we find them" or anything like that. And then they very happily sent both jackets via express mail to our next long-term hotel destination with all of the necessary markings to make sure the next hotel would accept them.
So, I thank the staff of the Residence Inn ABQ North for their kind service! Due to that, as well as the quality of the room and the hotel as a whole, I will certainly stay at this hotel again the next time we come through ABQ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels in Albuquerque offer the comfort and convenience of the Residence Inn Albuquerque North located near attractions and popular restaurants. We are immediately accessible to I-25 of Jefferson near I-40. We are surrounded by over 20 restaurants and lounges including PF Changs China Bistro, Fox and Hound Sports Bar, Twin Peaks, Mimi's Cafe, Allure Bar & Grill, Texas Roadhouse, Fuddruckers, Landry's Seafood, Red Robin, Olive Garden, and much much more! There is something for everyone! Complimentary Evening Mix for hotel guests is available Monday-Wednesday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence Inn Albuquerque North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Albuquerque North Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Residence Inn