“Not the Drury Plaza!”

Drury Inn & Suites Albuquerque North
Ranked #4 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here this last 4th of July. We are HUGE Drury fans and typically plan our trips around their locations! This one looks like it was a different hotel bought by Drury and updated. We didn't like the a/c in the window (those are always loud). We did like the nice furniture and comfy bed. The kick-back in the evening was ridiculously crowded, so we went to a restaurant that was within walking distance. We learned and were up early for breakfast. The staff at every Drury we've stayed at is fabulous and this one didn't disappoint. The construction around the hotel right now (July 2014) is horrible, but they can't control that. We'll likely choose another hotel in Albuquerque for the price, but this was a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor that faces the mountain, NOT the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Eric D
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Albuquerque North

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Nice people, clean rooms and good location on the NE side of town. They have a hot breakfast and afternoon heavy snacks with happy hour. Dogs are allowed for a very small fee. Lots of restaurants nearby and a huge movie theater.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor if you have a dog.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for your nice review of your stay at our Drury Inn & Suites Albuquerque. It seems we just didn't WOW you, which is what we strive for with all of our guests. I would be interested in discussing your stay with you to hear what we could have done to exceed your expectations and WOW you. If you have a few minutes to call me directly at the hotel, that would be great. I can be reached at: 505-341-3600. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Steven S.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

After my last biz trip to ALB I decided to try someplace new and my colleagues suggest Drury and said it had free drinks and food. I gave it a shot and remembered I had stayed at a Drury years ago and was pleasantly surprised, yes its the name. It fits right in the pack of the big 3 mid-priced hotel chains with a "kickback". A kickback is there term for a social hour or two where you get 3 free drinks and some snack foods like hot dogs and nachos. I told the front desk I wanted a clean quiet room and they delivered on the fourth floor. I'm not sure if it was really quiet or the 3 free glasses of wine I had and a benadryl but I didn't hear any noise all night. The room was clean and large and no odd code to enter for internet. The decor was nothing special and to tell the truth it felt dated, reminded me of officers quarters.
Now the bad....don't go near the water! The pool and hot tub were filthy and so cloudy that you could not see the bottom with the pool light on. I took a chance and went into the hot tub and nearly fell in because the hand rail is loose. As soon as I got in I notice there was not a strong chlorine smell as you usual find that burns one's nose. I looked over my shoulder into the skimmer basket thin and saw layers of blackish fungus or mold or what ever it was and I quickly retreated to the shower. I notified the desk, I hope they did what they said they would do. By the way the desk, very nice and polite people happy to hold a conversation with you.
Two of the best places to eat in the whole state are just a few blocks away on the frontage road, if you like steak or seafood or both.

Room Tip: Fourth floor was great, ac was a bit loud but when you travel alot you get use to it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Hadley K

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your comments about our nightly 5:30 Kickback. In addition to the 3 free adult beverages, nachos, hotdogs, and other nightly vegetables, potatoes and snacks, we do also have a rotating special each evening with items like chicken fingers, penne pasta & meatballs, soup, and our very popular mac & cheese. I was pleased to read that your room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. As a family owned and operated hotel chain, that is exactly what we strive to provide, along with +1 service from our front desk and all of our team members.

I do apologize that your experience in our spa and pool did not exceed your expectations. I want you to know, though, that our pool & spa operate on a bromine, and not chlorine system. This is common for indoor pools primarily to eliminate the strong chlorine odor. We manually test our water 2X per day, and have installed computer aided controls on our bromine & PH levels for continuous monitoring. I will be reviewing these controls and procedures to insure that they are operating effectively. Once again, thanks for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Steven S.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

It was a nice surprise to find such a large suite with a door that closed between the bedroom and the living room and large refrigerator (comparatively speaking for a hotel room) at such a reasonable price plus two meals a day. Yes, two meals. Breakfast is good and although it is not meant to be a meal for supper, it really is with the soup and raw veggies as well as the other junk food served and three free drinks. The whirlpool is small and the pool was cloudy and not too large, but they are inside so no sunburns. A lot of families stay here. I will look for Drury Inns whenever I travel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stumbled across this hotel by accident and am so glad we did. My husband and I had been camping at state parks across Arizona and New Mexico and decided we deserved the luxury of a hotel as we were traveling through Albuquerque. Having never visited Albuquerque before we had no idea where to stay and saw the Drury Inn & Suites as we exited a main highway. It looked clean and modern from the outside and being tired of driving stopped in. From the minute we entered the hotel til the time we left everything was exceptional about our stay. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The hotel inside and out was immaculate. Loved the pool and hot tub. They serve a nice buffet at 5:30 pm everyday called their Kickback which has a great variety of food and drinks. Breakfast buffet was very generous, also. We enjoyed our stay so much that we made a reservation for their Phoenix hotel before we left. Wish they had locations near NY.

Room Tip: Without having a reservation we were able to get a non smoking room with 2 queen beds. Very comfort...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sue S
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because they offered our track team a group discount. We were very pleased from beginning to end. Check in was quick pleasant and friendly. Rooms were spacious clean and quiet. Manager's reception was unexpectedly more like a dinner than a snack, along with beer, wine and cocktails mixed by an enthusiastic staff. Friendly Manager and asst. Manager were walking around greeting guests and helping with the clean up, you never see that. Breakfast was great with a good hot selection. The pool was a little murkier than I like but pretty common with most hotels. Great staff, rooms, and I will book again in the future.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We had previously stayed at a drury inn about 5 years ago so we thought we'd try this one since we were driving through Albuquerque. We arrived in time for the free dinner that was delicious and we were also able to enjoy our 3 free adult drinks as well. Room was clean and comfortable. Building looked new from outside, but looked a little older inside, but not bad. I would stay again. Breakfast was great. Lots of variety. Never heard anyone around us and I never got an complaints from others about my kids (they can be loud). We love Albuquerque so hopefully we will be back in the area again to stay. I also liked that it was down the street from restaurants (whataburger, mcd's, etc). Nice area.

• Stayed: June 2014