“another delightful stay!”

Drury Inn & Suites Albuquerque North
Ranked #4 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed April 11, 2014

As always Drury Inn provides excellent service in all aspects of a stay at one of their Inns.
The staff is professional, warm and friendly. The Happy Hour and breakfast are exceptional . The food is presented in a welcoming manner..and very tasty. No need to travel to a restaurant after a long day of driving. All is there for the visitor.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelerLeClaire
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Albuquerque North

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was hosting an event at the restaurant across the parking lot from this Drury Inn and we found that the restaurant didn't have a projection screen. The General Manager at the hotel generously let us borrow their screen and helped us set it up. Our event speaker was a guest at the Drury Inn, but our event was not at this hotel. Our club is very grateful for the help and generosity we experienced from the general manager and we would recommend this hotel very highly.

Thank you BJ!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Our family always tries to stay at a Drury as this hotel chain just does things right. This property is clean, friendly check-in staff and offer a great complimentary breakfast and 3 free alcoholic beverages in the evenings. Our hotel rate was really reasonable and when you add in free dinner, drinks and breakfast you have a great value. We don't have small children in our party but given all the freebies and the large pool there was a large contingent of children so be prepared for that when staying at this location. The manager on duty (I think his name was Steve?) did a fabulous job keeping everything tidy and helping guests in the dining area.

Room Tip: Go for a room with the terrace - these all face away from the highway and have some great views of t...
Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank osugal29
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I had never stayed at a Drury Inn before, but I would definitely consider staying at one again. There is nothing fancy about the accommodations, but the benefits and customer service were excellent. The staff was always checking to make sure all my needs were met. Super professional and super friendly.

I was so impressed with the “5:30 Kickback.” The complimentary spread was so large that I never once had to go out and spend money on dinner. There were hot dogs, soup, pasta, baked potatoes, pretzels, chips and salsa, salad, veggies for dipping, and more. In addition, anyone over 21 got three free alcoholic beverages per evening – and not just wine and beer. I enjoyed a margarita and tequila sunrise, too!

Breakfast was just as filling. There was oatmeal, toast, waffles, bagels, muffins, sausages, biscuits and gravy, real scrambled eggs with toppings, yogurt, apples and bananas, donuts, and more!

The gym had three treadmills, one elliptical, one bike, weights with a bench, one TV, towels, and a water cooler. The gym was right next to the indoor pool and hot tub.

From 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm, there is free soda and popcorn in the lobby. You can grab a snack; sit back in the easy chair in your room, and watch free HBO.

Another freebie: free long-distance calls. I know most people have cell phones, but I have not seen this in any other hotel.

I was surprised. I actually slept really well in the soft sheets. I was right next to the highway so I could hear the road noise, but I actually liked it as background noise.
The bathroom featured a separate sink and toilet/shower area. The shower included a u-ring shower curtain rod, a large waterfall shower-head, and large shampoo, conditioner, and body wash dispensers mounted on the wall. There was no lotion though so I recommend bringing some.

The flat screen TV was a good size and swiveled so you could see it from different parts of the room. The room also had lots of electrical outlets, a decent-sized desk, drawers, silent mini-fridge, microwave, full-length mirrors, closet with about eight hangers, iron/ironing board, and plenty of light sources.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank foxegurl266
Reviewed March 5, 2014

While I usually expect pretty good service from the front desk (although sometimes it doesn't happen), the Drury Inn and Suites in Albuquerque rose way beyond my expectations. The desk staff, the people serving the complimentary breakfast and evening meals, housekeeping and even the maintenance staff I met were all absolutely outstanding in their apparent desire to make all their visitors feel welcome. For the government rate I've also come to expect a less than desireable room, but here I got one away from the elevator and ice machine, and never did hear even a peep through the walls from other rooms. Never stayed at this chain before, but definitely will be using them again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a mountain view face the busy interstate, but as solid and quiet as my room was even that...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank FloridaTraveler047
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed here three nights recently and it was the most quiet experience for a town/city hotel I've ever had. Staff were friendly and efficient. Access was very easy inside and out. I'd give a five, if it weren't for the "traditional" choices for food, beverages, and use of styrofoam and plastic utensil dishware.

Some would value this as excellent as there is free alcohol during happy hour (wine, beer, liquor). Also, there is a very large spread of food during the happy hour (one can eat from this for their evening meal, even vegetarians and vegans--note on this below). Breakfast setup, again traditional (meat, potatoes, starch, eggs, etc.) was ample and there was "organic" granola, apples and bananas.

As someone who eats simply and a clean diet, I was able to eat from happy hour: baked potatoes, salsa, pasta marinara, and mixed salad. At breakfast, granola, hot oatmeal, and fruit were reasonable options.

Coffee is "okay" better than most for regular coffee. Again, the styrofoam cups, but I reused the non-styrofoam I brought with me.

Management says they are working to be more "green" and reduce the food stream waste. They have taken to offering dispenser shampoo and soap in the bathroom and a "green" policy on changing sheets.

Perhaps rating a hotel on the food they serve is not fair; most don't offer much at all and that perhaps is not the purpose of a hotel.

Overall, a very quiet and comfortable sleep, good room temperature in end January without even changing the thermostat. I highly recommend this hotel, good for families and large groups, students (there is a study room and floor), business (internet easy to access and printer available in lobby, all easy to use).

Room Tip: Ask for the quietest room and they will put you in a location where they tell you that you must be q...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Lara P
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice, and on both occasions I was very impressed with the level of service. The only thing I don't like is the loud toilets and doors.

The happy hour/meal every night and the hot breakfast every morning make the room an exceptional bargain.

My last stay, February 2, 2014, it snowed during the night, and the Assistant General Manager went out early in the morning and cleaned the snow off of every vehicle in the parking lot. Now that's service!

Stayed: February 2014