“Excellent Service!”
Review of Barcelona Suites

Barcelona Suites
Ranked #116 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Love this hotel, we stayed the entire week. The rooms are very roomy and comfy. Very nice and clean. Staff was excellent especially their Sales Director Frank Berged, he was very friendly!! Breakfast was great. Perfect location to the Coronado Mall and uptown. Easy on/ off highway 40. Also ready to get to restaurants, shops sites. Would highly recommend and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Closer to the pool is always best when you have children!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alyssa A
Rick W, Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

It appears that you have discovered one the best parts about staying here is that some of the best food and shopping is just minutes away. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had a wonderful time here very nice room good breakfast and very friendly ladies working at the front desk both morning and evening the breakfast was good and warm we will be back for sure and i will tell my friends about it Thanks also close to casinos.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank insane77
newmexicot123, General Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear insane77,

Thanks for our kind comments about our hotel. Our staff does try to exceed ever guest's expectations. We are just down the street from the Downs Casino, and we are glad that you enjoyed that during your stay.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I love to stay at Barcelona Suites for a quick get away. Our family decided since there is a swimming pool and free breakfast that it would be the place to go!

When we checked in-the ladies up front were friendly and were kind.

Once we got into our room, we went into the bathroom, and behind the door were a pair of dirty girls underwear. I called the front desk immediately. The bathroom shower faucets were hooked up wrong-blue was cold and hot was blue. There were two dead mosquitos in the bathtub.

Once we were getting ready for bed, we pulled out the couch bed and found sheets and pillows in a nearby drawer. When spreading out the blanket that had been in the drawer it was full of dried brown something. I again called for another blanket. We got it about 30 minutes later.

That evening we went down to the swimming pool/hot tub.There must have been 60 people in a pool that only allowed 45. Teenagers were drinking, diving, and were throwing each other off of others shoulders. Families that had kids were afraid to let their kids in for fear of getting hurt.(We were off to the sides with the other families). I went to front desk and reported this. They did send someone in-but as soon as the staff left-the horseplay started again. Just an idea-maybe staff could check the pool/spa area once an hour/half hour to check to see if things are ok.

We got up in the morning and went back to the pool-it was nice and quiet and the kids played before we checked out.

Even after all of the things we encountered-I will hopefully be able to go back around spring break! The staff was so wonderful there and made us feel at home.
(I think the dirty underwear grossed me out the most).

The actual stay was a quiet one. The staff was very friendly, the food was great.

Room Tip: The first floor is right next to the bar and food court. So if you are hungry its right there. We s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy M

Dear Nancy M,

Thank you for your review about our hotel. Your comments and feedback are important to us. We apologize for the issues that you had at the hotel. I would love speak to you about this so I can make sure your next visit is a pleasant one, please contact me at 505-255-5566.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Our Suite was booked for 8 days. I traveled by vehicle with my daughter on Thursday and my intended travel partner was to fly arrive the following day, on Friday. My daughter and I had so much fun on our road trip and an 8 hour drive turned into almost 12 hours. We arrived exhausted! Pulling up and walking in we were very happy with the decorum. However, the management was less than helpful. Apparently despite our card already being authorized and the room being booked in advance, my daughter and I were not allowed to check in. We were forced to sit and wait in the lobby while the manager snickered with other guests about the phone conversations that she was having with my intended traveling partner - who had booked using his credit card. She seemed perfectly content with to leave us rot until he got here. It was a very patronizing experience. I felt unvalued, unattended to and needless to say... our high from our excellent adventure had been ruined...

My daughters name is Ali. She is 7 years old. Well... I will let you share what she is feeling right now as she waits patiently (we are going on our 2nd hour in the lobby) for the mister to stop packing, get out of his pajamas, get dressed, and drive the 45 minutes that he needs to drive to get back to the office where he just came from to fetch a document from his fax and fax a few his self back here to the madam at the counter... uhem.

I am getting really mad and tiered. I wanted to go swimming but now I'm just sitting. I still like it here but I don't know why no one made any compromises. We always have to compromise at my house to make things fair.

Room Tip: Travel n tote ladies. Lol
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Goodtimebusted,

I apologize that you had to wait in the lobby while the payment for your room was being arranged. However, due to the credit card company's requirements, we are required to obtain a valid ID and copy of the credit card for any third party who is not present when paying for the room. Since we did not have this on your room, we had to wait for this form to come through and that was the reason for you having to wait in the lobby. As soon as we received the form, my front desk clerk made your keys and checked you into the room. I apologize for this wait but my staff was following company policy. I wish we could have help expedite that form coming through so you did not have to wait as long as you did. I hope the reset of your stay was satisfactory. If you would like to speak about this further, please contact me at 505-255-5566.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Planned on spending a month, after less than a week I found myself looking for other options. Each Desk clerk quoted conflicting policies and prices. It began to feel like a used car lot. I have traveled the world many times over, and have never been so disturbed by properties milking their guests. I could not believe the nerve of the manager asking myself if I was going to have overnight company. THATS PRIVATE! but I would hate to rob you of your extra $4.50.
I would gladly pay more, not to be questioned like a common criminal. Its obvious this property and staff are used to the hard life.

Staff rudeness is probably due to the fact the hotel is in the WAR ZONE! A nice tidbit they keep off their website.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear John M,

I apologize that you felt there was miscommunication about your rate. I remember speaking to you and did provide our rate sheet for the long term stay and gave you the total amount due. I was then informed that you changed your mind and that you wanted to stay nightly. My front desk staff did inform you about the amount due for that night. Since we did not receive any payment from you and the credit that you provided was invalid, we were forced to ask you to leave as per company policy. All guests are required to pay for their stay at the hotel. If you feel that you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at 505-255-5566 and I would be happy to speak to you about this.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This hotel is decent for a affordable stay, rooms were relatively clean and comfortable, staff seemed adequately helpful. The little to order breakfast was much nicer than your typical cheapo continental.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hawle1ja,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do provide a unique, fresh breakfast which is cooked to order. We are glad that you enjoyed this unique feature of our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Albuquerque!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

the room smelled of smoke and urine, the phone didn't work and the the beds were very uncomfortable. and no bedding for the pullout. I usually stay at this hotel but last time was the pits.
I'm not a picky person but if im not satisfied i'm going to speak my mind

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Charlie V,

I am truly apologetic that the room you stayed in was not up to your expectations. This is not the standard that we try to uphold at our hotel. I would like to personally speak to you about your comments and see how I can make it right for you. Please call me at 505-255-5566 at your earliest convenience.