“Great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Pratt, Kansas
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed for the Balloon Fiesta with my family. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was also very friendly. I enjoyed the evening bar and the bartender was great! Would definitely stay here again next year.

• 4 of 5 stars
newmexicot123, Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Dale G,

Thank you for your review about our hotel. I will pass on your kinds comments to our staff members. We hope to see you again in the future.

Malini Perumal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Bovina, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked my reservation online. Once I arrived at the hotel I was given a king suite when I booked two doubles since out party included two adults and two small children (ages two and three). When I requested be moved that I booked I was told that they do not guarantee online bookings. The non-smoking room smelled strongly of smoke. The room was dirty and in need of repairs. The knob for the hot water to the bathtub was broke and had to be repaired. The room that I was assigned to was located outside and down several stairs which means that the luggage cart can't go there. So, I had to make several trips with two small children outside and inside to get all of out things to the room and again to get them all back to the car. When the children wanted to go swimming they had to go outdoors in the cold with their wet swimsuits. It was a horrible experience! Oh, and the pull out sofa sleeper that I had to sleep on since there was only one bed was old, uncomfortable, and dirty.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
Dear Leslie W,

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel. We do apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. As you booked through an online site, the rooms they assign are not for a specific room type but for any room in the hotel. We do try to honor guests requests as much as possible. We do have stairs on one side of the building, but our staff members will be glad to help you at any time with your luggage. I'm not sure about why your children had to go out doors to go swimming, but we do have any indoor heated pool.
I would like to speak to you more about this in person if you could please contact me at 505-255-5566.

Dayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

First of all, the staff was AWESOME! Every single one with whom we had contact. I would give the staff 5 stars, It was Balloon Fiesta final weekend. Shuttles to the park and ride, "grab and go" breakfast for those who were headed out the door before breakfast started and a genuine interest in making our stay comfortable. Breakfast staff was speedy and helpful. Front desk staff was also helpful with some great suggestions for navigating any AIBF madness (we were 1st timers). The rooms were clean and large. Underground, access required parking felt secure. EASY to get to highway and Uptown ABQ where there was a lot to do and restaurants galore. Overall a very nice stay but subtle things presented themselves. Like a bathroom ceiling that had been repaired but not thoroughly patched, and cords (phone? electrical?) that had been "re-wired" and ran along the wall/floor interface and around door frames. A fluorescent bathroom fixture with only one bulb and exposed wires seen through the cover grate.(capped and appeared a non-hazard, but unsightly and it does make you wonder about what you aren't seeing) Towels were obviously old and worn out. Shower temperature varied considerably throughout your time under it....now THAT will wake you up!!! Tenants walking in the room above made the windows literally rattle. Seems like a dated, tired property that has some maintenance needs that are just being "patched" as opposed to thoughtfully fixed. Had what appear to be new counter-tops on sinks and in kitchenette on top of old, original bases.

Did I mention......It was clean. Very convenient. Staff/Customer Service was GREAT! I would consider staying again, the other person in the party likely will not. The Average rating is related to the property issues.

Dear FranklinCM,

Thank your for taking the time to complete a review about our hotel. Also thank you for your kind comments about our staff members. We are working on those subtle things that you mentioned in your review by renovating the rooms. We also are trying to resolve the issue about the shower temperature. We hope you will stay with us again so you can enjoy these new improvements that we are making to the rooms.

Fruitland, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Seeing the pictures online I thought the place would be a nice place to stay. I was wrong!! Upon check in I was told I'm sorry we don't have your two queen beds but have a full size with a sleeper. I said fine since other places were booked. We got a discount so I didn't complain. Everything seemed fine until we went down to the pool. It was so murky and dark that I couldn't find my goggles at the bottom of the pool. The jacuzzi was not working properly. Once we got back to the room it took me about 15 minutes to get the water in the shower to the right temperature. And once my kids got in the temp. changed from ice cold to scalding hot!! When we unfolded the sleeper sofa we found dirty sheets. After an uncomfortable night on a rock hard bed we packed up early. The road noise is so loud you can hear everything driving by. Check out took nearly 15 minutes so I grabbed a couple to go breakfast bags which I found a joke!! A half bottle of water and an apple.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
newmexicot123, Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear DCDkr,

Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. I apologize that the stay was not up to your expectations. We do service the pool in the morning and apologize that it was murky upon your stay. We also do provide quieter rooms away from the main road. I would like to speak to you in person if you could please contact me at 505-255-5566 so we can discuss this further and see how we can make this right for you.

Olney, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a great hotel; clean & comfortable with wonderful ambiance. The hospitable staff is a great enhancement for the stay. The building is beautiful. And the price was great. I would love to say that this hotel is perfect, but if you are a bit old and even only somewhat handicapped, be aware that there are many stairs that have to be negotiated depending on what area your room is located. Bottom line...stay there, but inform the reservation representative if you need a room requiring no stairs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pollyvw,

Thank you for you recent stay at the Barcelona Suites. We would like to thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel. Your comments are very kind and we will definitely past that on to the rest of the staff members. We are in the middle of renovating the rooms so we hope you will stay with us again soon so you can enjoy those improvements.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

It truly amazes me that there are comments in such critical details about this hotel. My family and I stay here every few months just to use the pool... get away and relax. I travel alot from Albuquerque to Kentucky so I know standards and I know this hotel has them. ISSUES yes but only minor (no difference than any other hotel) We have stayed in several other hotels in Albuquerque hoping to find our experience worth while but have failed. The customer service, price, breakfast and the style of this hotel makes this the best for our family. Stairs, yes they have them. Do you have to carry your luggage up or down three or four steps yes but if you can't the staff will help you. Great hotel the best in Albuquerque. We will continue being regulars..

Room Tip: Non smoking king inside or out. On weekends the outside is quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
newmexicot123, Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Tasha P,

Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. We truly appreciate your kind comments and will share them with our entire staff. We our glad that you are a regular of our hotel and we will definitely see you soon.

El Cerrito, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Some friends from Phoenix suggested Barcelona Suites and we were going to the Balloon Festival for an extended weekend. There was some confusion and the desk and I should have know that there would be problems. My friend and I wanted to watch the season opener of Scandal only to find out that they have ABC Disney, not the regular ABC, then on Sunday we wanted to watch 60 minutes but they didn't have access to that channel. The towels were extremely thin, you could blow right thru and feel your breath on the other side. Tiles outside the rooms were broken; poor access from elevators to rooms which were located in a hallway outside, only to find there were steps (what happened to handicap accessibility); no fitness room, but was told there was a sauna. The sauna never got hot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pamela W,

Thank you for you review about the Barcelona Suites. We apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We apologize that the channel that you were trying to watch was not available. It was a problem with the local TV station and cabling and we have corrected that problem. We also did purchase all new towels for Balloon Fiesta, we apologize that your room did not have one of those.
I would like to speak to you in person about the rest of your stay. Please contact me at 505-255-5566.