Barcelona Suites
$59
Candlewood Suites Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$63
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$149
Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$77
$73
ComfortInn
$112
$102
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
$75
$114
$109
HIExpress.com
All reviewsunderground parkingballoon fiestabacon or sausagehot breakfastlouisianaroomy
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed there on a Friday night, we reserved a "non-smoking" Jacuzzi suite. It was adjacent to the main lobby, I was concerned about the music they play for the salsa activity, but I am happy to say, I didn't hear any music in my room, the main lobby was filled with music but even though I was close to the lobby, I didn't hear anything.
My main problem came from the smoke smell in the smoke free room. I complained to the front desk, they quickly gave me a temp card for another smoke free room to see how that was. That room was even worse, they said those were the only two available. The hotel has multiple signs saying "this is a smoke-free facility" but they also have multiple cigarette canisters that are pretty much full. They don't care if any of their patrons smoke regardless of the posted signs. Its sad too, because I can tell they have recently painted, newer furniture, new tile, but now all that work is wasted because they don't enforce their policies.
The Jacuzzi tub was really weak, didn't really have high pressure, and the fireplace was a light with something rolling in the back of the fake wood. Don't expect much for the added cost of the room.
The breakfast was good, underdone eggs, but other than that, very tasty.
All in all, not a bad stay, but if you are a nonsmoker, you may want to consider staying somewhere else, even your smoke free room, may have a strong smoke smell.

Room Tip: Nonsmoking rooms may still have a strong smoke smell
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The only thing this hotel needs is an infusion of human energies! It's a lot of hotel, with its mammoth atrium. Talk about High ceilings!! If you like High ceilings, not in the rooms themselves, mind you, but in the atrium where one can have an enjoyable, cooked-to-order breakfasts every morning! Fact is in such expanded surrounds, one's being can really be drawn to the forefront! Just being there is great! One hardly needs the pool and jacuzzi to enhance one's being-ness! The atrium and lobby are so grand that it would be a challenge for any management team to keep them up! The tendency is for the little things to be subject to entropy. But, then again, everything in the material universe wears down! The secret is to see pass them all, what Plato called the World of Illusions and Appearances. Then you can enjoy this unique habitat for what it is: huge, majestic and inspiring! Give me a group of people who can do this, and we'll raise the roof right off this grand lady!

Room Tip: There was a fitness center, also? Point it out to me next time!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
newmexicot123, General Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Wiggleroom,

Thank you for you kind words about our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time out to write this response. We will definitely convey this to the rest of our staff members.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had to give this hotel two stars for the beautiful hotel lobby and the excellent customer service from Dee at the front desk. Although, I will not be staying here again, they really need to update their rooms and the crowd was very sketchy, I definitely understand why a reviewer has written they felt unsafe here.
This hotel could be a 5 star if the lobby carried all the way through the hotel. As I said, Dee was great. I highly suggest that the hardware in the bathrooms are replaced immediately, they were filled with mold and that could be very dangerous.
It's the smokey smell in the room, the dirtiness and the crowd that will keep me away from this place on my next drive through.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't smell, and has been updated. Maybe pay the extra bucks for it.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed here for family vacation. We were there June 27-30. It is perfect...we have three kids and this hotel offers a suite w/ two tvs, pool, free breakfast, and is close to where we want to go. However, this visit was disappointing. First of all...breakfast was wonderful and the chef was super friendly and professional. The kids LOVE the waffles. We notices the new linens and the are very pretty. The pool was wonderful and the kids favorite thing! Now...the front door was broken when we arrived and I almost had to call to get in the building. The "new" smoking area was always locked and my husband actually got locked out there a couple times. The shower in our room was stuck on the hard massage setting which let to painful showers. I told the front when we left but they did not seem concerned. Our daughter was going to sleep on the sofa bed but there were weird stains on it. The sofas should definitely be replaced. We have always looked forward to staying here...but this trip may make us think again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
newmexicot123, General Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear StephandFamily-

Thank you for your recent review about our hotel. We are especially excited to read your review since it is the third one about our hotel. We apologize for the few problems that you experienced during your stay. We are definitely working on these issues and will address them at our next staff meeting. We are in the process of replacing our sofa sleepers as well. I hope you will try us out again as we are making some upgrades to our rooms.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

this was the first hotel and suites we stayed at where the pictures didn't lie! What you see is what you get, and what you get is excellence! Will always plan on staying there for all of our get a ways.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
newmexicot123, General Manager at Barcelona Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Yvonne E,

Thank you for your kind review about our hotel. We tried to represent our hotel well online with our website and virtual tour. We will let the entire staff know about your kind comments. We can't wait to see you again.