“Very nice staff, close to UNM and freeway”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #37 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is right next to the airport, very clean rooms, very pleasant staff and affordable. Please be aware that the breakfast is not included but if you do eat breakfast in the lounge area it will be around 12-13 dollars but is a good breakfast. I had the veggie omelette and pancakes and it was delicious. If you are looking for a slightly cheaper breakfast a Village Inn is right across the street. The lobby of the hotel is very inviting, the king bed was amazing and the bathroom was spotless! This is a very important feature for me. The hotel is close to the freeway (I25) and UNM.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nice hotel (like most HGI properties). The restaurant isn't the typical Great American Grill - it actually has some regional selections. The bartender/waiter was knowledgeable about the food selections, and made good recommendations. Nice selection of local beers, too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel at the last minute as we liked the location and the rates. We were very happy to find that our choice was an excellent one as this hotel is stylish, clean, convenient, and staffed by very helpful knowledgeable, pleasant people.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was passing through and booked through Expedia. When I got there they didn't have my reservation so I called Expedia and had mistakenly made the reservation for the wrong date. It wasn't the Hilton's fault (it was mine) so they gave me the # to Expedia. Basically, I sat in their lobby (which is very nice they have free tea/coffee) for 2 hours waiting for the Hilton to get the re-confirmation. My point is, if you make any mistakes booking through a 3rd party, you may be sitting around for many hours before getting into a room. The staff did comp my breakfast the next day for my troubles which was nice.

The rooms are very clean and nice and it is a safe area. However, they double charge you for the room and then explain that the charge will be credited back to your credit card that day. Well, I waited a month and there was still no credit. I think it would be very easy to not check your credit card statement and you will end up being charged double- CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT TO MAKE SURE THERE IS A CREDIT. I had to call 2xs before it was resolved.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Cathy M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to hear your stay was good. However, I apologize for the billing concern you addressed. I am happy to personally review your billing issue to ensure any credits due will be expidited. Since we are not able to determine which reservation is attached to this review, I ask that you contact me (Cathy Martinez) directly at 505-765-1000 and I will be happy to review your billing concern.

Once again my apologies for any issues you did address.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We live in Denver and stop in Albuquerque for a night at least once or twice a year. We usually stay near the airport because it's close to my cousin's house and have stayed at at least 4 other hotels in the immediate area. This one is a keeper. The property is well-maintained and the hotel staff is friendly without being overwhelming.

Since we are Hilton Honors members, we receive the restaurant free breakfast. If we had to pay for it, one of the other hotels near the airport might be a better value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank almostelderlycouple
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night before returning to NYC and had a great stay. The hotel is, like the shuttle driver said; 'just a bunny hop away' from the airport and thus very convenient if you have an early flight the next morning like I did. The staff is welcoming and check-in efficient. The rooms are spacious, clean and the bed very comfortable. Since I arrived in the afternoon I decided to go down to the gym and get some exercise and although small, they had a few treadmills and machines to use. The spa and pool are a bonus, especially when you've just run 5 miles! :) The onsite American Grill has a good selection and is reasonably priced. I had the soup and salad of the day and it was delicious. Again, the service was excellent. I'd stay here again and can recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel as it was located very close to the airport. Rooms were clean and linens were fresh. Adjustable firmness control for mattress resulted in a good nights sleep. Did not have the breakfast package but the meals were reasonably priced, fresh and tasteful while the coffee was free. Turned the car in the night before and they picked me up at the airport so I could use the free morning shuttle. Great staff, very friendly and made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business