“Location, Location, Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
lawrenceville,ga
“Location, Location, Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is literally right outside the airport and could not be any more convenient. They have done a recent lobby remodel and it is very attractive. The in house restaurant has a new chef and the menu is being updated. I ordered ( what was told to me) Manahatten Clam Chowder. Let's just say it took a long detour in New Mexico. It was delicious but spicy! They are offering regional twists on foods and that is kind of fun. My room was as expected and my bed comfortable. There were a few issues with things in my room that were not working. I called the front desk at night ( around 9:00 p.m.) 1/19/2013 and the clerk was very nonchalant...acted like it was not a big deal. I followed up in the morning and the CUSTOMER SERVICE FOLKS kicked in. They were right upstairs to take care of everything and even brought me little snack pack...apologizing for the previous treatment! Overall, I would recommend this location if you need to be close to the airport with easy interstate access too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very welcoming, clean experience. The wireless internet worked well and it was a quiet stay before my early flight. This hotel staff was great and the location was close enough to the city where you could go out for dinner if you wanted and still be right next to the airport for travel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Atco, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years, and once again I was not disappointed. The staff here is so friendly, courteous, and professional. Each time I stay here I recognise that the staff is always striving to do better than the last time. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and safe. The internet connection is outstanding, allowing me to get my work done in a timely manner. I have stayed at other hotels in the airport area of Albuquerque and this one is the shinning star!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms, all floors are great. I have never experienced any problems.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

It looks like all the other standard airport hotels from the exterior. The lobby is nicer though, and the 4th floor room was big and looked recently updated. Downside: I could definitely hear the diesel engine of the airport shuttle idling far earlier than I wanted to be awake! Meh.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Alamos, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wfie and I always enjoy staying at the Albuquerque HGI Airport. The staff is always so friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Bartender Shamika is so much fun! Berina makes breakfast such a great way to start the day. It looks like the kitchen and the dinner menus have been definitely upgraded starting January 1, 2013. Chef and F&B Manager Marcos have added many items to the menu, each being made with fresh ingredients. I tasted his red and green chili sauces. They were excellent! The shuttle to and from the airport is easy, timely, and the drivers are always courteous. When we stay in Albuquerque, it is most often at this HGI.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 3rd or 4th floor on the north side away from the elevator and vending area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed my recent 2 night stay at this hotel. I used the airport shuttle service which was very fast. I only waited about 5 minutes after I called. The driver was very courteous. I was greeted very warmly upon arrival and given two bottles of water. My room reservation was just as I requested. The room was very nice and clean with very nice quality bedding and towels. The maid service was excellent, with small touches like the washcloths were fanned out in a fancy manner. The complimentary internet was great. Coffee maker, fridge, and microwave in the room. Coffee also avaliable all day in the beautiful lobby which is pretty much the same as all Hilton Garden Inns. I ate dinner at the hotel upon arrival and I cannot stress enough how sweet the waitress was. After relating to her that I had a long flight and I was in need of some hydration, she provided a large glass of ice water with lemon wrapped in saran wrap for me to take back to my room. Newspapers available in lobby, but not delivered to your room. Fresh fruit also avaliable all day in the lobby. I also used the return shuttle to the airport, and there was no wait at all. All in all, I will definitely be staying here again when in the area. Excellent service from everyone I interacted with. They also have a very convenient and fast system for printing out your boarding pass in the lobby area and also a computer room in case you didn't bring a laptop.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank teash
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have stayed here a few times recently and each time my stay was great. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and it has always been quiet even though the hotel is obviously full.

The restaurant is probably the one thing that prevents me from giving the hotel a full five stars. There is nothing really wrong with the restaurant it is just very limited in its selections and also very pricy. The service tends to be a bit slow even though there are not a lot of customers. That being said the food is not bad and the wait staff is great (I think the slow service is in the kitchen area).

The business center is great, computers that work, printers that print, they even have a special computer for printing boarding passes only, so the main computers are not tied up.

The rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff does a great job. The front desk staff is always friendly and accomodating.

I am sure that I will stay here again and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business