“Great location and great amenities”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Toronto
“Great location and great amenities”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

After ten days of driving and exploring New Mexico, it was wonderful to arrive at this hotel as the last night of our stay. Staff at the desk were welcoming, all the facilities such as the business centre were excellent and the restaurant fed us a great dinner and wonderful breakfast. The location couldnt be better- we had a rental car to return to the airport and there right outside the hotel door was the road leading to the car returns. A really great way to end a wonderful holiday

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed here because my flight arrived really late and I didn't want to drive to Santa Fe at midnight. So I booked a pretty cheap room at this Garden Inn. Everything here is fairly standard for an airport hotel, but if you are familiar with this brand then you will think it is average to slightly below average. The staff are fine and do a good job, but the building seems very old, which is strange because the brand is relatively new. My king room was very small and I have not seen a Hilton Garden Inn room that small. It was more like a Hampton Inn. The lobby area and restaurant decor are standard and the food was fine. The surface parking lot and underground lot are very small. If you need a place to sleep, this place is fine. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if only for one night before or after a flight.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This was our last stop on our way back to east coast Canada. We stayed overnight at a ridiculously low price ($66 US +tx). Initially we were given a ground floor King overlooking a dirt pile. Even though it was only for one night and the room was fine, I asked if there was anything on the 2nd level. Initially they said no, but within a few minutes indicated that a room opened up. We had a double Queen with a view of ABQ and the mountains. Ate in the hotel restaurant - food tasty; very large portions; good service. Free shuttle to airport. They also picked us up at the airport after we returned the rental car. Great value for the price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 9, 2011

The best feature of this hotel was the staff. Everyone, from the people at the desk to the restaurant staff to the shuttle drivers was cheerful and helpful. The airport shuttle will also take you to restaurants and other destinations when they have free time.

Otherwise, it was a comfortable hotel, convenient to the airport.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I've stayed in a lot of Hilton Garden Inns in my business travels, and this was easily the worst. It was below the standard that I've come to expect from the brand.

(1) The decor is in serious need of an update. The place is loaded with musty-looking carpets, floral prints, grandma-like wallpaper borders, etc. While nothing was outright dirty, there was a "dirt in the corners" kind of feel to the place.

(2) The service was sub-par. I was particularly annoyed by the horrible service in the restaurant, where I ate breakfast. I sat down and waited forever to be acknowledged by the wait staff -- the two servers were busy having a conversation at the bar. When one finally came, I ordered coffee and OJ that took 10 minutes to arrive despite the place being nearly empty. When I went to the buffet, they were out of cereal bowls, and it took the staff forever to find one. Most irritatingly, no one came to collect my bill. So, I went up to the bar and paid the bill via a room charge with a male server. An hour later, I returned to the lobby (to leave the hotel for my business) and the female server who had ignored me for the entire meal exited the restaurant and came storming up to me in the lobby saying that I had failed to pay my bill. When I explained that I'd paid it at the bar (because she never bothered to return to my table) she double-checked with the other server, who verified I'd paid, but offered no apology for either storming up to me or for her bad service.

This place was just short of being a dump and was disappointing considering the relatively good experiences I've had at most HGI properties. I will not be going back. There's plenty of other options near the airport (where, by the way, there's almost nowhere to eat beyond a Village Inn).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank brmusicman
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Even though they advertise the upgraded bedding, both on the website & @ the front desk, the only rooms that have the upgraded sleep number beds are the king rooms. Double bed rooms are not upgraded & not expected to be upgraded for nearly a year. Staff at the front desk were even unaware of this & kept insisting to me that the beds in my room were the new ones-GM finally set one of the girls straight on that. The old beds also have the old bedding & the bottom sheet on my bed the first night literally didn't fit-it was so small it absolutely could not be tucked in. How or why the housekeeper who make up the room thought that was ok is beyond me. (This was rectified the next day). Other than that, it's a standard HGI w/all the amenities a full-service HGI should have. Shuttle will go to the airport as well as a 5 mile radius. For a hotel that is as close to the airport as this one is (& it's close!), I don't recall ever hearing any airplane noise. Windows in the room actually open to allow fresh air in, which is nice.

Room Tip: Only king rooms have upgraded bedding as of 3/11
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I stayed at the HGI for 4 nights while in ABQ on business. Overall, the hotel is a typical Hilton Garden Inn. Nothing wrong but nothing outstanding either. It's really close to the airport (literally about 2 minutes away) which is good and bad. If you have an early flight, it's great but if you are there during the day, it's noisy with planes taking off depending on which runway is being used.

The restaurant was pretty good and reasonably priced for a hotel restaurant. Fresh omelets were good with a good selection of sides and fresh fruits. I had dinner there one night - the fajitas were freshly made and pretty good. The chicken soup was awesome!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business