“Very good food at reasonable prices”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #127 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“Very good food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband wanted a good steak but I didn't want to pay the prices at Black Angus and the Sizzler is already sizzling out with us, so we decided to give Texas Roadhouse a chance. It's always packed so I called and put our names on the wait list before we left Santa Fe. We arrived and still had to wait 10 minutes. It smelled delicious outside. What I found strange is that it smelled like Texas garlic toast outside but when we got seated we were served a sweet bread. I was looking forward to the Texas toast! We started off with deep fried pickles, they were good but a little too salty. Our Caesar salads are some of the best we've ever eaten. I ordered the 6 oz sirloin medium and it was cooked to order and awesome .I ordered the mushrooms and they were incredible. The baked potato loaded with butter, sour cream, and cheese was yummy. My husband ordered the 23 oz Porterhouse and his steak was also cooked to perfection. On another occasion I ordered the prime rib it was a little fatty but very good.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Michelle G

Northern New Mexico
“I was pleasantly surprised...”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Let me start off by saying I'm not usually a fan of chain restaurants... I regularly use TripAdvisor to find off-the-beaten path local places before I'll hit a big name. Anyway, we were near the Texas Roadhouse down in Albuquerque, it was dinner time and we gave it a chance.

There was a ~20 min wait but they were accurate with their prediction (they have call-ahead waiting which I'd recommend taking advantage of in the future). We got seated and drink orders were taken quickly. Prices were quite reasonable and although we ordered a wide variety of meals (catfish, steak salad, ribs and a kid's chicken) they were all excellently prepared and yummy.

Service was excellent, good was great and my only knock is that people who were waiting for tables shuffled into the bar area (where we were seated at a table) and sort of "lurked" around our table with their beverages waiting for their table pager to go off. They almost need an area in the bar where waiting folks can hang out without interfering with the wait staff and disrupting the service.

Overall - very good experience. Would go again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank chris_NM
San Diego CA
“Solid BBQ”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The restaurant is just off Highway 25 along a frontage road, so it is pretty easy to find. The place was jammed packed, as we understand that it usually is, so expect to wait. If you have eaten at any Roadhouse restaurants before, you know that this is the place with peanuts that you eat and discard the shells on the floor. The portions are huge and you will probably end up taking half of your meal home. Our table had an array of ribs, chicken and all of the fixins. Everyone was pleased with their meal. The prices are fair and the food is good and that is most likely why there is a crowd out front.

Visited April 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Top Notch!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great experience from beginning to end.
We went here on a Thursday evening for a late dinner. It was definately a popular place and looked like there was a small lineup at the front, but right away we were seated as we were happy with a place at the bar.
Comfortable bar seats, and right away the bartender got us some (AMAZING) margaritas, and some DELICIOUS sweet bread (perfect - since we were starving).
This place had such great servers with even greater personalities. The food was better than I could have even imagined even though it is a steakhouse and of course I did order a steak.
The entire time we were entertained by either the staff, the Tv's that were all around, or the happenings of other patrons there for parties. The time flew by, but wish we could have stayed all night!

• Visited December 2012
Farmington, New Mexico
“As good as any Texas Roadhouse”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very clean, good service. (Unfortunatley, no line dancing like in Texas, but hey, this is New Mexico) Food was great and good value. Drinks a little pricey and don't order a shot. Smallest shot I have ever seen. If you can get here during happy hour, that it the time to drink.

Visited February 2013