“Best Steak In Town!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #164 of 1,778 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albuquerque, NM
“Best Steak In Town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Had the 11oz. Hearty Cut USDA Choice Sirloin with a loaded baked potato and a house salad with Ranch dressing split between two people. The steak was prepared right, the server even waited for us to cut into the steak to make sure it was done properly. Very tasty on all accounts. The sweet tea is a tad too sweet but I ask for it 1/2 cut (with regular tea) and it makes it not so sugary. Overall I would have to say this is my favorite restaurant in town. Out of everything I have had off the menu, I have never had a bad experience and our waitress Mandy was awesome!

• Visited February 2012

Leawood, Kansas
“Outstanding steak from a chain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

I visited the Albuquerque Texas Roadhouse by myself late one night after 9PM on a Sunday night. I sat at the bar so I could watch some football while I ate.

I started with a beer which I used to wash down some old fashioned in the shell roasted salted peanuts. Reminded me of being at a Cincinnati Reds game. The beer was something called Shiners Bock, a new one for me which resembled some of the beers that I used to enjoy when I lived in Germany.

I started with a Caesar Salad, which was one of three salad choices that was included with my dinner. Now I'm pretty picky about Caesar Salads because we make them at home. This one was delicious with an unusual hint of sweet.

But the main event was the steak. I ordered a Bone In Ribeye cooked medium rare. It arrived with my chosen second side, mashed potatoes with gravy. The steak was simply outstanding. I have eaten at many of the famous (and expensive) chophouses like Mortons, Ruth's Chris, Smith & Wollinskys and Palm Springs Chop House and none of them served a better steak than what I got this night at the Texas Roadhouse. It was perfectly cooked, tender and juicy with the distinct flavor of a barbeque grill. They couldn't have done better.

I probably shouldn't have but I ordered a dessert of apple pie with ice cream. This was ok but too sweet for me. I should have stopped with things tasted best, a rule that my Germany grandmother used to follow. The steak would have been that signal. It was simply outstanding.

Service wasn't anything special. Friendly and prompt but nobody stopped to chit chat. I will definitely be back to the Texas Roadhouse for another Bone in Ribeye.

• Visited December 2011