“People just keep coming through the door”

Sushi Xuan Asian Grill
Ranked #323 of 1,870 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed January 30, 2017

Although I'm not a sushi fan, I appreciated their extensive menu. I also appreciated the fact that there were two Japanese chefs behind the counter preparing the sushi. I've been to several sushi places, where the preparers are non-Asian, which mutes the enjoyment of an authentic sushi experience.The food menu was varied and featured some items I've not seen before in Albuquerque, and appears to be a mix of Japanese, Chinese and Korean. Service was very attentive (I had three different folks come over to my table, asking if everything was to my liking). I was amazed at the parade of people constantly coming through the door, including two large parties, which is a prime sign of a successful neighborhood cafe.

Reviewed October 14, 2016 via mobile

Just a tad pricier than I like, but I was not at all disappointed by the sushi. Fresh, tasty, and attentive service.

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

Fabulous food, best sushi ever. Great selection, my favourite was the monkey roll but everything we ate was delicious. Service was quick and staff attentive. We will certainly go back.

Reviewed July 22, 2016

One of the best in town. Don't listen to the snobby reviews. Fresh fish, good hot plates and awesome atmosphere.

Reviewed July 3, 2016

We ordered from this restaurant last night through GrubHub. This review has nothing to do with GrubHub service or delivery, just the restaurant. The Japanese Egg Rolls were good. The Sunomono Salad was terrific!!!! But the rest of the food: Jalapeno Chicken, Pork w/Sweet Garlic Sauce, and whatever dish we got instead of Teriyaki Beef were terrible - all tasted the same, all cooked the same and all too salty (or MSG) as was the Egg Drop Soup. The white rice and the fried rice were made with the wrong rice and tasted like mush. Soup and Fried rice had canned peas. And, since peas and carrots do not belong in fried rice or egg drop soup, canned peas are even more of an insult. Stay away from Japanese and Chinese hot dishes. Since the salad was good, maybe the sushi is too, but will never know. Will not be visiting or doing take-out from here again!!!!!