“Tasty breakfast burrito”

Tia Juanita's
Ranked #399 of 1,883 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We stopped in on our way out of town so our granddaughter could have last taste of New Mexican food before she returned to Wisconsin. We all enjoyed our meals and especially the green sauce. Their special breakfast burrito was large and prepared with hash browns and chorizo just the way I like it. Their green and red sauce made the meal. Our server was friendly and our meals served promptly.. No problem making our flight.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

First, remember this is airport food. If your expectations are sky-high you will be disappointed. But for where it is, I think the food is good. I stayed at the Sheraton the night before a flight and their menu was shy on Mexican entrees. So I went over to the airport.

I ordered a breakfast burrito with carne adovado, smothered in red. It was about the size of my forearm and as tasty as any I have had elsewhere. Service was prompt and the food was tasty. Not sure why other reviewers had issues, but for me it was fine.

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

I honestly can’t remember when I’ve had this bad of an overall experience. Excuse was new computer system and backed up kitchen. That does not excuse the poor, inattentive wait staff. Waited 20 minutes to get our drinks....then could only get refills after 3 requests. When our appetizer showed after about 45 minutes it was an unrecognizable consistency. Manager guys was nice and came back and said they had to ditch all the queso. I can’t believe a cook would send it out. When the fajitas finally came, they were unremarkable..not much meat and not tasty. There was wait stall all over the place but they all seemed to care less. Manager comp’td our meal but I can’t get that hour of my life back.

Will never set foot in here again and advise you not to.

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

I had the combination with a chile relleno and chicken enchilada green chili on both comes with beans and rice my wife chose a tamale with red chili and a chicken enchilada with green chili. In the past I've tried the Tia Juanita Margarita which was very good but quite expensive at $12 a pop. The prices are what you would expect at an airport but the service is pretty good and the atmosphere is nice. Warm sopapilla's were given at the end of the meal as a dessert.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Well, I’m sitting here right now, filled with regret. I’ve eaten food all over New Mexico for the past month and this is a shameful representation of New Mexican cuisine. We ate here to say farewell to this type of food we had come to love but were sorely disappointed. I ordered a beef taco salad. A thin layer of beef covered about a pound or so of refried beans, which rested upon a thin layer of shredded lettuce. It was basically a whole mess of beans with a little lettuce. The proportion of beans felt like I was eating two cans of beans, which is a lot of beans. Stale chips decorated the outskirts of the meal. I also ordered queso, which was actually good, but the amount we received was minimal.